Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Sound Clipping Issue Identified

>Hello Murray,>>Thanks! The good news is that Bryan certainly found a cure by>making adjustments in the timing of the panel showing and the>sounds that come with it. Most panels now work as advertised>on my PC. I will test his latest beta asap and hopefully the>few remaining problems will be solved then.>>Cheers,>One last question Arthur if you don't mind. How fast can your monitor refresh at 1600x1200.If it can refresh at a faster rate than it is presently set, would you try to set it higher (within specs) and see if that effects your sound problem. You would have to remove Bryan's patch (the beta one he sent you)though. If it's too much trouble, please don't bother. It's just a theory I have based on some previous problems with slow refresh rates and fast video cards.Thanks!

Hi Murray,Don't know for sure, so I'll have to check that tonight and see if alterations make a difference.Thanks for your kind suggestion anyway, its much appreciated and worth a try.Unfortunately last nights tests with the latest beta still revealed some problems. Sure Bryan is working hard to fix that.Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Guest Michael lowl

there was something similar with the sounderrors in LOMAC. may it helps to report that here: the solution was to change direct sound hardware acceleration to a lower level in the dx console (open with regedit und dxdiag) - this fixed this issue.cheersMichael LOWL:-wave

Hi Murray,Thank you for bringing the refresh rate of the monitor to my attention. I found it was only 60Hz, so maybe your theory is right. I changed it to 85Hz.Together with the last beta Bryan send me yesterday (which I think is now Service Update 2) everything works as advertised.Thanks again.Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Hello Arthur:Hey that's great to hear. Oh, you may find that you will be able to spend more time at your PC now. A refresh rate of 85hz is much easier on the eyes than is 60hz.Good simming!