Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Pushback blues

FS2Crew continues to impress me with its depth, however, I would like to point out that the pushback feature could use some improvement. FS2Crew only allows you to pushback once since it is directly linked to the before start checklist. While this is usually sufficient, there are times when a couple of short pushes in different directions are necessary in order to get out of a tight parking spot. The other day I was parked at KLGA and when I was ready to push I looked around and realized that there was no way to get out with a single push, since I was jamed in with planes on all sides. Worse yet, I was using the winglets version of the -800 and the wingtip of the 767 next door was blocking its way. THus I needed to rotate the plane a little before pushing pack, then turn some more, and the push back further. The only way I could find to do this was to use slew mode, which I feel is sort of a cop out. I know that this is not the falt of FS2Crew, but I wish someone could invent a pushback feature that would detect the surrounding aircraft and improvise when necessary to avoid them, the way a real ground crew does in the real wolrd. Oh well, enough venting. Perhaps in a future version of MSFS...In any case, it would be nice if FS2Crew would allow you to request multiple pushbacks, as that would improve the situation considerably.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,You can always use Etienne's (SP?) pushback gauge or even the default one. With the PMDG key commands turning the aircraft with the default FS push back system is much more reliable. You can even do this after the use of the FS2Crew pushback or even in place of it. On the tutorial flight I started at a gate, had to push back about a plane lenght, turn 45

Hello AJ,Designing a Pushback utility that's smart enough to be able to maneuver you around other airplanes... well, that's asking a lot, but it's a good idea. Maybe the next version of FS will include such a capability.-Bryan