Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW393

Matrox Parphelia Video Cards.

I am using a Radeon 9600XT with dual monitorsCan I ran FS2Crew on the main monitor with FS9 and say FsNav on the second ?Will this work or does FS2Crew only allow one monitorDavid

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Gentlemen,I have three reported cases of dual monitors causing problems with FS2Crew. Basically what will happen is that FS will crash when you attemp to load the PMDG.If you disable the 2nd monitor, the problem ceases to exist.A lot of people, however, are using dual monitors and they aren't having a problem.So this is a very strange problem. Why FS2Crew works fine with some dual-monitor setups but not others is something that I'm still trying to determine. If you have this problem, please email me at:admin@fs2crew.comIf I can get a few you together we can troubleshoot the program and determine what's causing this.Thank you for your patience,Bryan York

Hi all,this sounds very strange. I am using a Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 MB RAM and a second monitor is connected via a DVI-adapter. I have no problems running FS2CREW with this multi monitor setup (used it to flip the overhead to the second monitor). Could you maybe state which kind of fault occurs? Do you use the FS9 in windowed or full screen mode?

For Bryan York.On reading the various threads on dual monitors, I decided to try putting the default Cessna into full screen before changing aircraft.This ploy worked and the PMDG 737-800 loaded satisfactorily with both monitors running. Once stabilised, I then tried returning to windowed mode without a problem and was then able to load ActiveSky and Radar Contact using Start. The undocking and dragging of PMDG windows also functioned correctly.This would seem to be a workaround for Matrox cards and might work for the others. Might the site of your mini panels be the cause of the lockup.At least I am now able to try out your program without major changes to my setup.David.

I had the same problem with dual monitors, Thanks for the tip.This will help Bryan to solve the problem.David