Sign in to follow this  

PIC Airbus available for download!

Just went and bought mine! However can't play until later this afternoon. Have work today to pay for it :)If anyone else gets theirs and gets to try it out, post what you think.JohnnyKTUS

hi daveif i could find where to download it.....i'd be first!!!! not on avsim store,only pre order for airmail delivery.tried simmarket and lago...might have another look best wishes steve

Guest sidewinder

www.wilcopub.comits available there

thx sidewinderi did find it.for some reason i thought it was LAGO???.downloading it at the moment.40MB glad i got broadband.. cheers steve

trust me ...nothing but trouble with it so far.the default assignment settings which work fine with all my other aicraft are causing big problem's with the PIC A320 when i startup the PICa320 the engines are at full power and the VC is going round in circles.got no throttle control ..no rudder control and can't turn off the brakes.so im stuck on the runway ...if i switch to a default 737 the controls work as normal.i know its a problem with my joystick assignments,but does noone at wilcopublishing test these things with a USB setup,i use a CHflightsim YOKE and CHrudders both are USB.not an unusual or outrageous setup....hope i can sort this out or ill be really pi>*&^ed off anyone know how to change the assignments best wishes steve

I certainly do not have a standard system by any means so I'll be watching your progress with great interest. With so many of us willing to devote countless hours as free beta testers, I can't believe how much stuff gets released with no apparent regard for quality assurance. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case with this product but certainly is a trend IMO.David

This seems to be the trend lately with many products released. I know I wait until I read quite a few posts about a new addon before I buy.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi Steve,I will answer to the problems you encoutered step by step:1. YokeBy default, your primary joystick's X axis is assigned to the A320 sidestick's X axis, and of course your primary joystick's Y axis to the A320 sidestick's Y axis. Now the joystick's Z axis is assigned to both throttles and that's where you need to configure the joystick as described in the documentation. Your CH yoke probably does not have an axis named Z, but maybe RX, RY, or RZ. So you will have to edit A320PIC.cfg to correctly assign the axis. If you can't figure it out after reading the doc, then please send us a screen shot of your game controller dialog box (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Gaming Options, select your controller and press Properties). We will then send you a A320PIC.cfg containing the correct axis names for your configuration.Also, very important thing, remember to disable the joystick in FS2002 because we directly manage the stick through DirectInput in order to simulate fly-by-wire, and leaving the stick activated for FS can cause undesired effects.2. VC going round in circlesDo you have Active Camera installed? If yes, please disable the Internal Pilot View when using A320 PIC, as stated in the Startup Guide. There is a conflict between the two that we know about, they are doing the same thing simultaneously so that's what causing the view to rotate constantly.3. BrakesThe B key engages wheel brakes, and you have to press it a second time to disengage the brakes. It is not a "brake-while-holding-key" type of command. But this can be changed in A320PIC.cfg.Hope this will solve some of your issues.Regards,Guillaume DarierLead DeveloperAntiCyclonEwww.anticyclone.be

When am I going to learn?? First, I should have heeded Steve's words on the joysticks. You have to disable your FS joysticks to let the friggin Airbus handle them properly. I have a home cockpit with complete dual throttle quadrant and I avoid messing with the setup as much as possible. I have to say, with TrackIR, my first few minutes in the cockpit were very cool. I looked around and really dug the fact that I could just reach up (with my mouse) and flick switches. I even like the ability to zoom in to critical gauges. Once I got it started (ctrl-e) it started to take off on its own so I let it. I have given PowerPoint presentations with faster frame rates! Did Wilco care about frame rates one iota with Airports 1,2, or 3? NO! If your system struggles with the Meridian (and mine does to some extent), this thing is unflyable. I get about 1 frame/sec and that is with sliders already optimized for the Meridian. This thing is a disaster IMO. I don't even like Airbuses! Why on Earth didn't I wait??I sure hope someone has something good to say about this thing.David

Guest Anticyclone

Hi David,1 fps is abnormal. Just would like to know if you lowered the gauge quality to minimum, disabled reflections, and set the target frame rate to unlimited. Also what are your machine specs ? A few hours ago a user with a P4 2,4, GForce and lot of DDR got 3 to 5 fps complained about the fps. After he set the parameters correctly he told the airplane flew smoothly with all slides MAXED.Best regards,Serge

thx guillamei appreciate your help on this..2hrs and im still trying.the built in throttle and other levers are causing me problems also.but i'll stick at it,and try to sort out the CFG file you suggested.i don't want to put anyone off buying it.a bit peeved earlier,but i think problem is i didn't read docs ...didn't realise joystick setup was completely different from normal FS2002 setup,in then name of realism i suppose it had to be done... thanks again steve

I have the PSS A3xx series. Works fabulously. Im at a loss what this new Airbus brings differently? I looked at the screen caps and in fact the virtual cockpit looked not as good. I will admit that I dont love the shape of the airplane in the PSS bird. I typically couple the A320 to the Project Airbus model,which works fine. I regret that theres not an A330 or A340 available with as much detail as these two payware products. A longer distance Airbus really is needed.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Serge,Your suggestions really do help except now I find it almost impossible to read the panels. In fact, the blurriness hurts my eyes. I was impressed with the quality of the panels with the VC quality slider maxed. I don't think my system is lacking in power.In any case, the game controller issues are just to big for me to ever use this sim. I custom wired my throttle quadrant myself and I can't even tell you which control does what axis because it just doesn't matter in FS2K2. I think I even wired them all backwards on top it! To use the Airbus at this point, I use the left prop control for aileron and the right prop for elevator (except they are backwards). The right throttle seems to control the throttle. I haven't found the rudder control yet but the toe brake on my CH rudder pedals seems to make the brakes work intermittingly at best.Unless you guys are considering releasing an application that will customize the cfg file to match our nonstandard configurations, I'm going to have to ask Wilco for a refund. I haven't asked for a refund on a downloadable addon in over two years, if memory serves! I suggest on the CD package that you plainly state "will only work if your yoke is plugged in as device #1" or something like that.David

Eric, I think the PIC Airbus has a clickable VC.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3