Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypherja

FO duties w/ PMDG 737-800/900

Guest cypherja

I currently own FS2Crew for the dafault 737, but recently purchased the PMDG 737-800/900, and want to get FS2Crew for it as well.What all does the FO do in the PMDG version?...what I mean is, I know in the default edition he'll cut on the pitot heat, set the auto brakes, cut on the beacon, etc. I was just wondering how much of the checklist, and toggle switching I still had to do manually, and how much the FO will do.I don't want to switch something on, then have the FO come back and switch it again.Thanks!- Jason

Hello Jason,The FO in the PMDG 737 Edition is capable of flipping every switch on the plane as required as per his flows. For example, when the FO goes to flip a switch on the overhead panel, a mini copy of the overhead panel will pop-up in the lower-right portion of your screen, and you can physically see the switch move. FS2Crew uses simulated mouse clicks on the mini-panel in order to press buttons, etc.The important thing with the PMDG 737 Edition is that you need to learn which switches the FO will flip and when. It's all documented in the Flows Manual you already have. Basically you still need to do a lot of stuff manually, such as working the autopilot and setting up the FMC.If you need further help, let me know.All the best,Bryan