Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RWilkinson

Start switch, speeedbrake and CPAL

I'm new to FS2crew and have been testing the PMDG 737NG 800/900 version this week. I just have a few issues and would be grateful for any suggestions.1) During the taxi the FO only switches on the right start switch to continuous ignition. I, as CA, have to turn on the left one. However the FO switches both off during the parking check.2) Landing checks - The FO tells me that the speed brake is not armed even though it is.3) After closing a page by clicking the title, when I click the 'L' (as in CPAL), it opens the set up page and I have to click through to the page I left before. Someone else has reported this a while ago and I have read the post but I just wonder if there is any solution to this.Overall I am pleased with the product as it really does add to the sim experience. I have also purchased, but not tried as yet, FS2crew for PMDG 747, Level D 767 and the Wilco Airbus series.Richard Wilkinson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Richard,I'm glad you like the 737 version. It's over 3 years old. The newer ones are considerably better and more user friendly and advanced.1. CONT switch: Which model are you using?2. Speedbrake: The speedbrake logic in the PMDG 737 is, how shall I put it, 'funky' perhaps. Please do a search in this forum using the term 'speedbrake'. There is some discussion on it.3. Does that happen only if using the VC cockpit? What if you're in the 2D cockpit?Chees,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Thanks for the quick reponse.1. CONT switch: I have used both the -800 and -900 VC panel with wing view. I mainly fly in 2D, switching to 3D occasionally. Same problem with both types, FO only switches one on but switches both off. Should I try with the 2D panel cfg and/or the VC panel cfg?2. OK understand. I tried tonight and armed the speedbrake when the FO called it during the landing check list and this time he accepted it!3. Seems to work OK in 3D, the problem is in 2D.RegardsRichard