Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fencer88

PMDG 600/700 with 800/900 version

Hello,I have the full (600 to 900) edition of the PMDG 737 but I only fly the 600 (mostly) and the 700. You site mentions that the version for 800/900 owners works for all versions from 600 onward so that is the one I bought (following the same logic for FS2CREW and PMDG ie buying the upgrade to 800/900 in order to get the latest versions and all improvements).I find there are many contradictions between the various pieces of documentation (.pdf files, web site info, FAQ etc). I understand the pdf file documentation might not be up to date as it categorically states that my version will not work with the 600/700 whereas some FAQ info elsewhere states that I should alias the 800/900 panel (or VC...) to the 600/700.End result : at this time the program works well with a 800 (and BTW, I am really beginning to enjoy it) but the VC gauges are all mixed up if I load a 600/700. Please see attached picture.Can you please advise,Best regards,Bruno PS : As a side question, has someone already experienced repositionning the FS2Crew windows to a second monitor?Would modifying the panel.cfg file windows do the trick?[Window17]position=0visible=1size_mm=154, 203window_size= 0.150, 0.264ident=7000gauge00=fs2crewpmdg737crew0!crew0, 0,0, 154, 203Any remark/caution/advise would be appreciated

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Bruno,That's an easy fix.If your VC is messed-up, it means you forgot to install the 800/900 Models Update from the PMDG Downloads page.Please install that (along with any other PMDG 737 ervice packs), and then re-install FS2Crew.Second monitor: I don't have one, so I can't comment from experience. Perhaps someone can chime in. You should just be able to drag them over, though, I would think. They're just regular windows like any other window in FS.P.S. There are two versions of FS2Crew: One for 600/700 owners, and one for people who own the 800/900/600/700 from PMDG.It can be a bit confusing.If you only own the PMDG 600/700 models, then you want FS2Crew for 600/700 owners only. However, if -and only if- you own the PMDG 800/900 version, you'll need FS2Crew 737 for 800/900 owners. It will also work with the 600/700 models *assuming you have the 800/900 version installed*.There are differences between the 600/700 only version of the PMDG 737 and the 800/90/600/700 version.That's why I had to create two separate versions of FS2Crew to accommodate these differences.All the best,Bryan

Hello Bryan,Guess what? It worked! I could have sworn I had already downloaded this update... but I hadn't.Thanks very much and...sorry for the silly question. I always try to read docs, FAQs, forum posts etc. before asking questions but was caught on that one (although the .pdf included in the doc is a bit misleading)!I just completed the first tutorial flight - encountering just a few problems with switches I had to set - or reset - (like Autobrake, etc.) but I'll probably find out in my next flights that I caused the problems and I keenly look forward to these next flights as FS2crew is really an interesting and challenging add-on (and I am getting add-icted fast!). So congrats for a great product. Many have said it before me but it really takes you closer to a RW cockpit environment.As for the second monitor, I'll try a couple of things but I am not sure dragging windows is easy : There are so many FS2crew windows and you have to switch to windowed mode then undock them...). Maybe in a future version the windows could have a transparent background - just like the ATC windows - so they would be less... conspicuous (thank you M. HARRAP's)?Anyway, thank you again for the quick answer & best regardsBruno