Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve_j

FS2002 and Norton Antivirus 2003

Hi all, I just installed Norton Antivirus 2003 on my system. However, I have noticed a substantial drop in my FS2002 performance. Periodically, the game freezes for a few seconds and the framerates have also decreased. I uninstalled the software temporarily and the performance of FS2002 returned to normal. After I reinstalled the program, I temporarily disabled auto-protect and the performance of FS2002 increased slightly ( there were still periodic freezes from time to time. If any of you guys are familiar with this program, can you give me any advice on how to configure my settings to avoid comprising the performance of FS2002?ThanksJ.C. ( MYNN )

Hey J.C.,Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking into grabbing Norton 2003 here myself but I think I'll just sign up for more updates with 2002 here. I'm very sorry but I can't offer you much help here. Chances are that your options are limited. My advice is to stick with 2002.Regards,Canadian HawkC-GTGK

Guest ScottPilot

I use Norton Antivirus 2003 and am very happy with it. I do however disable it entirely (both the tray icon and the detection) when running FS2K2.This allows for the maximum performance of FS2K2.All other times I leave NAV 2003 running.Cheers!Scott :-)

Guest steve_j

Hi!How can you completely shut down NAV2003? regards,steve ---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

I use a program call End-It-All. You can kill any program you desire, other than the essential Windows apps that need to run. Just do a search for the program by its name. It will lead to the site that has the application. Works great.Keith

>I use Norton Antivirus 2003 and am very happy with it. I do >however disable it entirely (both the tray icon and the >detection) when running FS2K2. >>This allows for the maximum performance of FS2K2. >>All other times I leave NAV 2003 running. >>Cheers! >>Scott :-) I havn't noticed any decrease in performance in FS2K2 after installing NAV2003. Maybe it's not so significant that I directlenotice it?

Guest WorkingStiff

You can download EndItAll 2 from the PC Magazine website at http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1935,00.aspMore importantly, it is essential to shut down the unnecessary or unused Windows processes that are installed by default. I use Windows XP Pro, and by closing down unnecessary processes, I start from a fresh boot with between 75-80 percent of resources available compared to the 56 percent of resources I experienced prior to closing these processes.You can find all the information needed to figure out which processes to close at http://members.internettrash.com/megapolon/winxptweak.htmlEDIT:For some reason I can't get that link to open so here's another link with similar information although it might be a bit harder to read because of the black background. http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htmAfter closing these processes, then I'd advise running EndItAll 2.

Guest steve_j

thanks for your help, I'll try it!Steve---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com