Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jfri

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jfri

  1. Maybe I should point out that I fly in VR. I have got GPU error in RJ70 when tweaking VR settings with Google AI. So it is no problem if it is only in the beginning of the flight ?
  2. I also have seen the C130J DCS versionen and find it interesting. But have seen information that its hardware requirements are high. Have you noticed that. It seem the C130J for MSFS2024 you are reffering to is the one from Blackbird. I see that it has a stated requirement of 64 Gb RAM which I have never seen before for a plane. So 32 Gb would be insufficient ? I also see a C130 from Captain Sim in the MSFS2024 marketplace. One thing I noticed there is that one version as higher score than another similar. Actually from the description there seem to be no difference in quality. How good is this ?
  3. If you compare Steam Frame vs Quest 3 out of the box then of course the Frame is more comfortable. Quest could hardly be worse than it is. But if you buy a Quest 3 you also buy extra headstraps and face plates. After that how do they compare ?
  4. When I try this I get a warning Resource usage exceeds GPU memory limit, although this is with DLSS quality and a complex airliner JF RJ70. But the shimmering is almost completely gone and image quality is almost monitor like (4K) better then the Google AI suggestions
  5. What do you mean ? In the Pimax software I can set upscale to preset values quality balanced performance or custom. The latter gives me two sliders super resolution which have 1.0 as lowest value. And sharpness which could be set to 0.9 is that what you mean ?
  6. Is not Center rendering off and quadview off very bad for performance ?
  7. In MSFS2024 after switching to VR I see the instruments in the cockpit ( JF RJ70) shimmering in a irritating way. I don't see this problem in DCS. My system is CPU 5800X3D GPU 4070 Ti RAM 32 Gb Win 11. What is the best settings in Pimax software and in sim. I have tried many things in a session with google ai but not being able to slove this issue
  8. In your link to XP 11 forum was a poll which VR headset used. Not a single one for Pimax Crystal Light. Is Crystal Light bad for X plane ?
  9. The mouse pointer problem is gone. Seem to be because Pimax App window not being minimised. Why use old version of the App ?
  10. I have purchased a Pimax Crystal Light which I run on a CPU 5800X3D GPU 4070 Ti RAM 32 Gb with X plane 11. What is the best settings in sim and pimax app for this. For now there is always a shimmer in the picture which I don't see in MSFS2024 or DCS I now have a problem in the startup hangar. The mouse pointer is very jerky and hard to control. What can that be ?
  11. To the right of the picture was similar to what I had. In the center it seem better and was better than I could get. I had orange numbers for latency game network. I did not use a dedicated router but my isp provided wifi6, also 4070 Ti 5800X3D
  12. It's interesting that he does not mention any problem with the new facepad not being opaque.
  13. For now I don't have plugin enabled
  14. What do you mean ? I use swedish words for the commands to be executed
  15. I missed that you had a reverb Where does your cable touch ? From what I have seen it usually touch close to your shirt unless you use a mod
  16. I have also heard reports about quality issues like terrible build quality and bad optics . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqq8rGuRf8 13:35 I think I would find a box against my neck very irritating that's me. Have you used other VR headsets ?
  17. After watching some Dream Air SE review videos it seem that the product is not quite finished. Bad face pad. Bad FOV. Bad design with cable box on the neck which I think would irritate me. Any hope they change this
  18. But I was referring to Pimax Dream Air SE not Pimax Dream Air
  19. You have a very powerful system. I wonder how well this Dream Air SE will run on my system which is CPU 5800X3D GPU Nvidia 4700Ti RAM 32 Gb the hardware requirement should be lower than Crystal Light because of the lower resolution and eye tracking
  20. I have a hotas warthog throttle quadrant. I assign power to the right lever which works. Then I try to assign propeller axis to the left TM lever and that does not work correctly. It does indeed control the propeller but also the throttle at the same time. I also notice that on my CH Throttle quadrant one blue lever controls the propeller. But when I in settings look at the assigned levers for the CH Throttle quadrant no axis is listed as in use. Have never seen anything like this in another plane.
  21. Yes that would be one consideration if the Quest 3 problems can't be fixed. But I really don't like what I hear about quality lottery. Also one problem with Quest is it's front heavy and easy drops down with fuzzy image as a result. Would not this problem be even bigger with the big Crystal Light ?
  22. I have just purchased a Quest 3 and also Virtual Desktop. I am trying to set it up with AI but would like to ask here which settings are best ? My system 5800X3D Nvidia 4700Ti and Wifi 6 router So far I am not quite content with the result. I have no impression about edge to edge clarity and the FOV seem small
  23. I dismissed the Pimax Dream Air right away when I saw the price. I never expereienced any problem with heat using my HP Reverb G2. If you use the Quest 3 as PCVR does its component still heat up ? I think I remember a review with the Bobo S# being compared to the kiwidesign k4 and preffered the latter in spite of no fan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.