Sign in to follow this  

#8 Avsim vs FlightSim RTW Race Thread #8

Matt,Thanks. That'll mean an increased peace of mind while landing in the dark.I'll reroute to SBSL and relabel to confirm that. Note that we may have to be thoughtful about routings as we fly through the night. When we pick a landing spot we want to leave the next guy with something reasonable to do in 2 hours.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

In the dark Brazilian night (above the rain).Am now rerouting to SBSL which is 1 hour away. SBSL has no ILS and it is dark and wet. My GS might allow me to get to the safer SBBE--but I want to keep this short for the next pilot.ETE looks like 45 minutes--though I may be slow to get down given the darkness.Update.2317Z ETE 30 minutes.Any volunteers?Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest dcc

who's on deck? (not that we have any reservations...) I couldn't quite figure it out from all the messages above and I'd like to know where to send my plane and groundcrew in order to pick up a leg on the home stretch...- dcc

Guest Matt Johnson

Understood.Matt Smith: What do you want us to do when we reach KORF (the start of our final leg)? Just take the leg as and when it comes, or synchronize a time to fly it in?--M

Dave,Good to hear from you. Not sure that Francisco is back yet. Or Gary.I'd love to see that P-38 bore through the night sky!BTW If we fly short routes, then we need to work on our handoffs.The good news, more flights to be shared among our happy crew!Now ETW about 20 minutes.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I will be available to fly a leg in about an hour so I cannot go for the next leg. I will go into standby for a the leg following the next leg. Not a reservation. Just want to put in another leg to help the home team if I can. If there are any "new" pilots I will be happy to stay in reserve status.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

dcc is not me, if you're referring to me....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Touchdown.Details to follow. Keep the baton flying!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'm here !I am watching the thread regularly... I was kinda preparing to go on 0030z but since the current flight is going to hit home a bit shorter and dcc has prepared himself, i'll try to be on later... RegardsFrancisco Leit

and I'll probably wait until after 03:00am zulu so I can fly it on vatsim :) If I can figure out the whole atc thing (if I fly into controlled airspace, that is)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest dcc

I have the baton, heading 330 to SBOI in P-38HUPDATE: leveled off at 23k, 360kts ground speed, using WEP in bursts so I don't blow a turbo... ETE: 1:30 + landing- dcc

I will start preping Cheyenne for the next leg. I'm going into standby mode. I can fly a later leg if someone else would prefer to take this one.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

Jeff, I would prefer this next leg, as it is probably my last chance until KBOS. If you don't mind, i'd like to do it... But as there are no rservations, we'll see when the baton gets to SBOI and if nothing else works, i'll fly with you... I'm just finishing negotiations to contract either a EMB 120 (we're on brazil, right?), A Beech 1900 or a Pro SAAB 2000 to get there... i'm testflighting as we speakRegardsFrancisco Leit