Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

TCAS?

Well, i am not seeing this issue in this forum, so i shall presume it is just me encountering this, but in the tutorial it says the F/O is supposed to set the TCAS for takeoff, etc at the RTO brief. EVERYTHING else goes according to the tutrial, including the RTO brief and the FO doing the other T/O preparations. After takeoff I noticed my screen stated "TCAS OFF". Okay . . no problem, I figured, I'll turn it on my own self -- went to do so and it keeps shutting back off, like the FO is slapping my hand and saying "Nope, you can't touch that"Any ideas?Other than that -- SUPERB product!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Chris,I'm glad to hear you think it's 'superb' :-)Do help spread the word.Can anyone else here reproduce Chris' TCAS issue?I can't say I've experienced that one myself.My thoughts are that perhaps you've installed a 3rd party TCAS gauge? You installed the Level-D Service Update 3 prior to installing FS2Crew, right?-Bryan

Good morning, bryan, and thanks for the reply.That is correct (on SP3 and all updates), but I may have a bigger problem than I thought. I had installed another add-on as well and it apears to have toyed wih a DLL called TCAS in my FS folder. I have to run out right now to my own "FS" (Flight School), but when i get back this evening I'll try to get the exact filename and see if anyone has a spare so I dont have to do a bunch of reinstalling :-P