Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihorizon

Question:

If flight sim crashes and you have to restart and happen to have "Autosave" and resume your flight, FS2Crew restarts as if the flight is still sitting on the ground where you started your flight.I'm having FS crashes, but I don't think its in any way related to FS2Crew. The error reports keeps showing a problem with the .bgl files and it happens always on a long-haul flights over 6 hours or more. There is no way for FS2Crew to pick up back where you last flew, is there?Thanksihorizon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,BGL files are scenery files, so you might want to take a look at what scenery files you recently installed.For FS2Crew 767, there is no 'autosave' function per se.I won't repeat the manual here, but please take a look at pages 16 through 18 in the manual.Unlike previous versions of FS2Crew, you can can create your own Saved Situation files for select segments of the flight.This way you don't need to start from the beginning every time.Hope that that helps,Bryan

I know what you are saying. But I'm talking about Flight Sim crashing and the computer returning to desktop. Last week, Windows shut down completely so I don't know it was flight sim related.I don't think FS2Crew has anything to do with it. I was wondering if there is anyway to get FS2Crew to resume during cruise phase.ihorizon

Hello,If you create a Saved Situation file while in Cruise, you can start FS2Crew in Cruise.To do that:Load the Situation File (after having of course created one) then:1. Open the Master Panel.2. Open the Clock Panel.3. Close the Clock Panel (this is to ensure everything initalizes. Do **not** click the time remaining to departure on the clock panel. Do not do that. Just close the clock panel.)4. When ready to brief for the arrival, open the Arrival Page and play the STAR brief.5. The act of playing the STAR brief puts FS2Crew into descent mode.EDIT: When saving a Flight or Situation file, make sure time acceleration is set to 1X (the normal setting).Cheers,Bryan