Sign in to follow this  
baw079

ATC & Fileplans help

Guys,I have been using FS2crew since it came out, on my desktop with no problems. Apart form Lvl d 767 it's the best bit of programming I've ever bought.I recently loaded FS2crew, lvl D 767 and FS Traffic onto my laptop. I wanred to try this as it has a wide screen and is increadably good in the vc.The problem I've encountere dis I use FS2L4 flight plan and raise an IFR flight which I load. Set up the aircraft with fs2crew and everything works until I request taxi clearance from ATC in FS2K4. I can only request taxi for a vfr departure!Once at the chosen runway I cannot change freq to tower to request takeoff. The ATC screen only displays "no further messages for ground".When I take off I can then choose to request a IFR flight plan, which is still loaded, and then carry on using IFR.This is driving me nuts, can anyone please assist.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I appreciate the kind words. Thank you.As for your ATC issue: FS2Crew doesn't touch the internals of the MS default ATC system, so I'm not sure why you can only request a VFR departure if you've filed IFR. That's not really in FS2Crew's area.Maybe it's airport specific and there is an issue with the airport's AFCAD file? Just a guess, that. I suggest checking the FS Traffic Support Page to see if there is an updated AFCAD file for your airport.At any rate, if you want the best ATC I suggest Vatsim or Radar Contact or both.They work great with FS2Crew.Cheers,Bryan