Sign in to follow this  
grajay

Does anyone know which file goes "bing"?

I'm looking to silence (once and for all) the Level-D FA calls (NOT the Fs2Crew ones) to the flight deck. There's a wav file somewhere that does the "bing" but I can't find it - does anyone have any idea of it's name and location please?Thanks.

Hi Graham,The sound you are hunting for appears to be coded inside a gauge (pretty neat)According to the list in the "how to replace default gauge sounds" in the Level D simulations/B767 300/Sounds file they are called Chime.wav, Chime_hilo.wav and chime_hi.wavHowever I can't find them when I search the FS9 folder and all subfolders for this!There is another way however, if you take the blank.wav file provided in the aforementioned sound folder and rename it three time to the aforementioned file names it should, and the stress here is on should, eliminate the sounds.I have used this method to change the Ap_disco and the sglideslope wavs to BA ones.Good Luck,Chris.

Does it chime at each completed waypoint? I was getting a "bing" from RC4 until I disabled the option. Just a thought.Bob...

I think that's a different chime Bob - I don't have a problem with that particular chime sound (yet). :)