Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest okleber

FS2Crew FS9 out of virtual memory

Hi Bryan,quick question concerning the memory issues that were addressed in update 1.3.I run FS9 on XP with the LDS763 and FS2Crew (1.3) on a new PC with 4GB RAM and until yesterday 4GB of virtual memory. Until yesterday because I now changed it to 8 GB. Yesterday, after 70 mins into an otherwise perfect FS2Crew flight, I got an out of virtual memory FS9 shutdown. I had a similar problem already while running FS2Crew for the ATR (fixed by the ATR update). Without FS2Crew being active I don't see any memory related issues. Is there anything (logfile, debug mode, ...) that I could enable to have a closer look at the issue ?For now, as stated above, I doubled the virtual memory size, and will also re-install update 1.3. However I fear that those changes might only allow me to fly a bit longer before ending in a similar shutdown.Thanks for your help.Oliver

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Oliver,Please email me:admin@fs2crew.comI'll try to help you. We have a very large user base for the 767 who are using it without any issues, but I'll see what I can do for you.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,well, re-installed update 1.3, did the same flight with the previous virtual memory settings and managed to do the whole flight.Will pick a longer route tonight and see how it goes.For now, sorry for the alarm, looks like sthg happened to my install.Cheers,Oliver

Hi Oliver,Glad it appears to be working for you now... knock on wood!Bryan