Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

CWS - TRIM ISSUE.

Hi Bob,I have already checked out that issue reported by others too, but I can't find a workaround on it. The aircraft climbs or descends at max (6000ft or more) vertical speed as soon as A/P is engaged. The problem gets soother if A/P ELEV channel is disengaged, but not eliminated. I have got CH yoke & pedals and I have them centered (calibrated) with their latest manager. I also followed the "Cessna default flight" logic, but no hit. Note that a few months ago I decided to clean reinstall FS9 for this reason, it worked in the beginning, but later on, it started over again. Tinmouse 737 is not the only CWS using aircraft I have on my system, it's B. Gaurant's A300 and the same problem occurs with that too.I begin again such a topic because the simmers' community always wanted a really good 737-200, and found it in Tinmouse free (many thanks !!!) product.Sotiris.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sure sounds like your joystick is sending nonzero inputs to the sim...especially since it's also happening with other add-ons.If your joystick axis is noisy, as can happen with a faulty potentiometer, and it sends large inputs to the sim, even momentarily, the effect is cumulative. Every time the stick is moved from center (zero) with CWS engaged, it makes an input which changes the target pitch. This can also be caused if the null zone in the center of stick travel is too small to keep the axis input zeroed out when the stick's mechanical centering mechanism does not return exactly to the center.I'd recommend using a program like FSLook (a utility that comes in the free FSUIPC SDK) to watch the elevator input value seen by MSFS while this happens.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Thanks Bob for your reply and the full technical explanation of the issue, but what corrective actions should I take to effectively deal with it ? Since I have already calibrated the yoke with its Control Manager.Sotiris.

OK Bob, I found the missing "piece". I had to center the CH yoke with its trim thumbwheel, and that was all. CWS is now working fine.Many thanks !!!!Sotiris.