Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bergman

Engage problem

For some reason I cannot engage the Aileron side of the Autopilot.Ive used this plane before and it all worked perfectly. Just recently re installed with all the new updates and it not won't engage. I can get the Eliv side to kick on. The click spots for it seem to be out of place. Any Ideas?Bryan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

More than likely your stick is not centered. If the aileron input is even slightly nonzero, the A/P axis won't engage.I would suggest a joystick calibration, and ensure that the center "dead zone" on that axis is large enough that the axis is always at zero when centered.The FSLook utility that comes with the FSUIPC SDK is an east way of watching your inputs.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

More than likely your stick is not centered. If the aileron input is even slightly nonzero, the A/P axis won't engage.I would suggest a joystick calibration, and ensure that the center "dead zone" on that axis is large enough that the axis is always at zero when centered.
Bob, I also have the same problem. I even have 2 different setups for my FS: one for my Logitech force feedback joystick (with FS Force installed) and other for my travel gamepad. My problems started when using the gamepad, I can't engage the A/P. Checking on FSUIPC>Joystick calibration, it says my joystick is effectively centered (it says both aileron and elevator output is zero), but I'm still not able to engage the A/P. I can

Bob, I also have the same problem. I even have 2 different setups for my FS: one for my Logitech force feedback joystick (with FS Force installed) and other for my travel gamepad. My problems started when using the gamepad, I can't engage the A/P. Checking on FSUIPC>Joystick calibration, it says my joystick is effectively centered (it says both aileron and elevator output is zero), but I'm still not able to engage the A/P. I can

Looks like I've found a solution for my problem: I was sending the signal from my Aileron and Elevator axis directly to FSUIPC: I mean, I had "Type of action required: Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" set for Aileron and Elevator axis. I changed that so I 'll now send the signals first to FS2004 and from there to FSUIPC (as it was by default). Now the Autopilot has no problem to engage. But as nothing in life is perfect and Murphy's Law is always there to remind us of this fact, I updated drivers and got stuck in 800 x 600... but this is for another topic.En resumen, the solution to this problem is to make sure that in Axis Assignment, for Elevator and Aileron, they should be set to "Send to FS as normal axis", and make sure this axis are assigned in FS. Too bad I found the solution after riding a real-world 737-200 :(Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel