Sign in to follow this  
Guest knack

dumb question...

..and maybe it's been answered before but here it is anyway ;-) Since the 744 is a long range beast and unfortunately real life has a way of interfering with those long, interminable cruise sectors, am I correct in assuming that we can re-start FS2Crew any time before the TOD and expect the FO to pick up where we left off before the save?I do most of my flying for BAV and use a few addons (ActiveSky, Radar Contact, Ground Environment Pro etc) - apart from the necessary BAV software for tracking and filing completed flights. I'd hate to lose a 11hr hop from London to HongKong because of a conflict between a saved state and FS2Crew.Cheers!Tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tony,FS2Crew 747 was programmed quite differently from the old 737 and ATR versions, so you can can start the simulation from the Cruise or Approach Briefing if desired.Important thing is to set "SKIP PRE-DEP EVENTS" on the Flight Planning Page to "YES", then Start FS2Crew.Then open the Main Selector Panel and then run the Cruise or Approach brief. That will put you into the appropriate mode. You'll see the text on these pages ".... Active".This is true whether you use a saved start file or not.The only problems with saved start files you may have is associated with the PMDG 747... I don't know how well it works with Saved Files because I don't believe it saves FMC data.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi Bryanand thanks for the reply!Radar Contact does a great job of saving every little itty-bitty parameter of any flight so I suppose I have no problems :)Looking forward to my first trip with help from the right-hand seat!Cheers! :-beerchugTony