Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bowcut

Strange problems with anti-ice procedures

Not sure in anyone else has experienced this but I have the following bug when using FS2crew and the PMDG 747 (I have all current patches installed on both):I specify NAI during the pre-flight and a PACKS off configuration during the takeoff brief. F/O turns on NAI as briefed before taxiDuring BTO checklist, captain calls for checklist down to PACKS.During TO/AT checklist during runway entry, F/O calls PACKS on/aircraft pressurizing and completes TO checklist (before aircraft has even left the ground!) Captain calls for packs to off.Kind of a weird sequence of events, something seems to be backward in the procedure? I've noted that during all of this, the F/O never actually turns the PACKS off. Also, after climbout into clear air and ready to turn off NAI, I use the F/O comm box to direct him to turn off NAI. He never does but responds affirmitively.I think also another bug which has previously been reported is that the Captain will call NAI off during the BTX checklist, even though it's on and briefed as being on. Can anyone confirm the same kind of experience I'm having or should I look at my installation?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The NAI-BTX issue is known and is being addressed. I've already corrected it in the default 747 FSX edition.Doing a Packs Off takeoff with NAI... hmmmmm... that scenerio I'll have to look at. It must have been a very short runway... usually you only need packs off if it's a really hot day or something.Chrs,Bryan

Just did another flight to confirm my findings:-----------------------------------------------------Brief F/O for PACKS off, NAI on takeoff, F/O sets NAI correctly as briefed, Captain erroneously reports NAI off during BTX checklist (previously documented)During BTO checklist, Captain calls for checklist down to PACKS, F/O completes correctlyWhen switching from the BTO checklist to TO/ATO checklist, F/O announces PACKS on and aircraft pressurizing? (Bug here). The F/O then sets all PACKS from the AUTO position to the 'A' controller position. At runway entry Captain calls for PACKS off and F/O switches PACKS from 'A' to AUTO (thus PACKS are always left on). Normal takeoffWhen directing F/O to turn off NAI, he acknowledges, then only turns off the left side NAI, then turns all NAI back on? (bug)

Hi Bryan,I thought PACKS were normally procedurally set to off when using NAI during takeoff, but this my only be true for the 767. The idea being the load on the engines on takeoff with NAI on would need to be reduced by shutting off the PACKS until climb phase.