Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pseudo

Lots of problems.. =(

Guest Pseudo

Hello.After getting Vista, I've now installed all my FS2004 software - including the PMDG 747 and FS2Crew for the PMDG 747.My problems are the following regarding FS2Crew:-Engine Start: When saying 'starting 1 and 2', it flicks the two fuel switches to RUN for 1 and 2 and hits the ignition for 3 and 4. To fix this I have to switch 1,2 to cutoff and 3,4 to RUN. Now the FO calls for 3,4 start and kills the fuel flow and 3,4 and opens the ignition for 1,2. This is really annoying as you could imagine and I have seen previous posts relating to this one however none of their solutions fixed mine.-Autopilot engaging: After takeoff, my Autopilot does not engage. I have checked and confirmed my primary and secondary key assignments are functioning correctly. -Pre-start stuff: F/O fails to switch on his FD.-Doors??: I have a very vague recollection of FS2Crew interacting with the doors on the PMDG 747 before I installed Vista - which was like ages ago-- just got back into flight sim. I dont see any doors functioning now? ie. open and closing.SETTINGS AND VERSIONS I AM USING:-PMDG 747 updated to most current service pack + sound package upgrade.-FS2Crew for PMDG 747 + most current update.-I always load my FS2crew flights with the FS2Crew panel in the PMDG panel load menu in game.What I have tried to remedy the issue?- I have done a fresh install of PMDG 747 and FS2Crew plus is additional updates.- I have triple checked that FS2Crew panel cfg is active via the desktop link as well as fs2crew key assignments. I have even restored and reapplied the settings.ONE THING ODD I NOTICE: When i go into my PMDG keyboard assignments via the PMDG menu they are all EMPTY / BLANK. Including the door assignments as well. This was before and after the fresh installs of both products.Thanks,Daniel.

Hello Daniel,You wrote:"ONE THING ODD I NOTICE: When i go into my PMDG keyboard assignments via the PMDG menu they are all EMPTY / BLANK. Including the door assignments as well. This was before and after the fresh installs of both products."That's the key to most of your issues.FS2Crew should have automatically updated your PMDG keyboard file during the install. For some reason that didn't happen with you. I can send you my PMDG keyboard ini file if that helps. Try manually inputting the required FS2Crew Keypresses in the PMDG Key assignments menu. After doing that, your doors, FD's, etc, should work as they are dependent on the PMDG keypresses.Engine Start: I'm not sure. You watched the demo video? You're following the tutorial to the 'letter'? You're going slow with the Main Button... no rapid fire clicks?Cheers,Bryan

Guest Pseudo

Hello Bryan,Yes, I am deliberate and slow when I go through my check lists. I have watched the demo video as you recommended in your previous posts, and what occured in the demo video certainly did not happen on my simulator.This is all that is currently in my PMDG keyboard ini in the PMDG folder.[Keyboard]Doors747 - All Cargo=4,86,144Doors747 - Entry 1L=6,65,145Doors747 - Cargo Fwd=6,66,157Doors747 - Cargo Bulk=3,79,158Doors747 - Cargo Aft=6,68,159Autobrakes Decrease Pos=6,70,105MCP Press FD R=6,69,30EICAS Press ENG=3,66,131EICAS Press DRS=3,65,137CDU - DEP ARR=3,67,121EICAS Press RCL=3,69,140EICAS Press STAT=3,70,132MCP Press HDGSEL=3,71,13EICAS Press CANC=3,72,139MCP Press VORLOC=3,75,11MCP Press APP=3,74,12MCP Set TOGA=3,73,55EFIS Press Baro STD=3,76,68MCP Press CMD L=3,68,24MCP Press CMD R=3,77,26MCP Press AT=3,78,4Looks rather empty. I remember that before I switched to vista, I used to have heaps of keyboard bindings on my PMDG list.If you could send me a copy of your keyboard bindings that'd be great.Many Thanks,Daniel.