Sign in to follow this  
Guest RW

Battery noise

Guest RW

Hi,Can someone tell me where that rattling noise is coming from when you load the FS2Crew panel state? (with only the battery on)It's quite annoying and I wonder if it's normal.

Guest RW

Well, the only description I can give is that it sounds 'rattling' or ticking. It's not a fan I think.When switching on the apu you get some sort of fan noise that's loud enough to override the rattling noise but it's still there in the distance.Think I need to find a way to record it maybe :-hmmm Gonna check what happens if I switch of the batteryUpdate: switching of the battery makes it go away but that sounds logic since nothing is on anymore after I do that ;)

Guest RW

Found out switching off "Battery/ Electric Ambiente Cockpit Sound" in the PMDG sound options disables the sound but it disables other sounds too so it's not an option.However, when I use the Cargo version of the 747 and switch the battery on in that one it's quiet. Prety weird. Too bad there's no FS2Crew for the Cargo version yet :(