Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Mission Creation doesn't work - DLL missing - no errors...

I am trying to get the Mission Creation Tool to work on my FSX Deluxe SP1/ /Vista machine. I have downloaded the SDK and find the simconnect dll in the correct folder. When I start FSX I receive the message:

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

There is an entire, and very active, forum dedicated to FSX Missions and Mission creation - three down from this one - might be a better place to get a detailed answer.

Maybe I am missing something in the FSX Missions Forum! I did a search on simconnect and found the last hit was Jan 11 2007 - the guy asked the same question I did and received NO answer. I can find no other discussion of this problemWhere in that Forum should I look?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I finally discovered that SP1A download at FSInsider was an upgrade to the SDK - not SP1 for FSX.I installed SDK SP1A and now Mission Creation works like a champBUT - still no console and no simconnect.log - ANY IDEAS??

Where is your SimConnect.ini file located?Also, I'm moving this to the SimConnect forum. I'll keep an eye on it.

I placed dll.xml, simconnect.ini, simconnect.cfg, simconnect.xml in G:Documents and SettingsJerryApplication DataMicrosoftFSX because VISTA starts off Drive GStill no simconnect console and no log. The SP1A update solved a couple of problems I had been having with Wideview - e.g. clicking on a radio button on the radio stack I moved to the 2nd monitor would cause FSX to pause. I would then have to move the cursor back to the FSX monitor, click on a blank spot, then hit P to unpause the simulation.Now I can operate anything on the 2nd monitor without causing FSX to pause. BUT - FS_Earth and WidevieW are still loading the old simconnect dll I can't figure out how to delete those old dlls because of VISTA security - I am the adminstrator but the files are owned by the system.