Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkkuS

Problem with SP2

Guest MarkkuS

Hi!I have problem with connecting the ADE (Airport Design Editor) to the FSX/SP2. When I try to connect an error message is shown (translated from Swedish): "HRESULT E_FAIL" is returned when calling a COM-component. I have asked the creator of the ADE, but the problem remains.I have installed all the FSX patches (I belive): SP1, SP1a and SP2.One thing I have observed is that the FSX versions, shown in the about box says: 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023), has no matching installed simconnect version. Under the Windows/WinsSxS folder is:x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9ax86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5aIs this a problem?and if so, how do I fix it?regards

>One thing I have observed is that the FSX versions, shown in>the about box says: 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023), has>no matching installed simconnect version. The SimConnect interface version numbers (60905, 61242 and 61259) are not the same as the DLL build numbers shown in Properties-Version. The build numbers tend to match the one shown in the About box. However, there are differences between SP2 and Acceleration, and also the Japanese version is different. There may be other non English versions with different build numbers.If you have Acceleration installed, the English language FSX.EXE is build 61637, matching the Properties-Version number of the SimConnect.DLL in the WinSxS folder for 61259.However, if you have SP2 installed, as in your case, the FSX.EXE is build 61472, as you have found. However, the SimConnect.dLL build is still 61637 -- the SimConnect development levels for both Acceleration and SP2 are identical even though the main program is different.>Is this a problem?No, this isn't the problem. I don't know what is I'm afraid.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest Daniel42

>"HRESULT E_FAIL" is returned>when calling a COM-component.If there is a problem with the SimConnect install you will get an exception that says somehting like 'failed to load assembly'.The E_FAIL is actually the return value of the simconnect.open() or new simconnect() method. So it seems SC itself is working.Now, the most common situation where this error is returned is trying to setup a SimConnect connection while FSX is not running.But I guess this would also be the error if a firewall is blocking SimConnect. Then again... I'd expect ADE to use the pipes instead of TCP to connect if you have SP2.Daniel

At the moment ADE uses the original version of SimConnect (via TCP/IP) - it does not look for the latest version as the connectivity it needs is very limited. I might look at changing it in a later version but so far this is the only report of this type of problem so a firewall issue seems to be indicated

Guest MarkkuS

Hi!Problem solved!It was my personal Firewall which caused the problem. The FSX program had only outbound access. When I changed the permission to full access (outbound and inbound) the connection between FSX and ADE worked.regards