Sign in to follow this  
urthgental

Group missions in a plot?

Hi,the mission system seems to add great value to the fs experience (as far as i understood the overall feedback correctly) and we have already seen a lot of great ideas. But is there also a way to group missions to a package, means to have a real storyboard?And if not, what would be needed?* A Storyline between missions can be included with animations, clips, rewards etc.* The result of a mission decides which mission to be flown next and influences its start parameters (airplane, flightplan, task...)* A Career mode?This would enable some skilled designers to build a really new sort of add-ons... (remember the good old Strike Commander?)Even if it sounds like a 'full-blown game in a game' approach I think this would attract a lot of simmers and manifest FS as the platform for all kind of aviation-related products...Regards,Heiko

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great idea. I think we will also find that the missions could be grouped with particular add on aircraft. For instance a bush plane could have some bush flying missions included in the package and a helo could have some S&R missions. Heavy jets could have some tutorial missions to get new pilots up to speed on flying the heavies. I am sure this would help sales of the addons and also help bring more people into Flightsim.

>Great idea. I think we will also find that the missions could>be grouped with particular add on aircraft. For instance a>bush plane could have some bush flying missions included in>the package and a helo could have some S&R missions. Heavy>jets could have some tutorial missions to get new pilots up to>speed on flying the heavies. I am sure this would help sales>of the addons and also help bring more people into Flightsim.Tieing the missions in with an external program or add-on dll will allow for this sort of grouping easily.Think about a choose your own adventure, where the results of each mission effect the next one a little bit.

This is the kind of thing I am aiming to produce, to make it a little more involved. Still gotta work out some of the mechanics of it, but I did come up with some interesting ideas on this subject when I was originally sketching out ideas for it to produce stuff for FS9.As it turned out, only the first one made it to this site as a download, and then I held off on producing the rest as by that time some of the programs I was using were losing some capability and I'd heard about the possibilities FSX was likely to offer.Not prepared to say exactly what I'm going to produce as I don't want someone to steal the idea, but trust me, you've never seen this done in any sim, or any computer game as far as I am aware ;-)I bet that's got you curious now hasn't it?

I don't know how to implement this myself, but I have some ideas for developers on something like this:-in order to group missions, you could have it so that when you coomplete one, a new .xml for a new mission is automatically compiled, enabling the next missionthere is probably a better way to do this, but if there's not it's a suggestion