Sign in to follow this  
felony

FS9 minimizes by itself. Sometimes followed by CTD.

Hey guys. Posted this a smiliar topic in the FSX forum, but don't think I will get much of a response there.When I use flight sim, I start from a fresh boot. I have about 29 processes when FS9 is running. I am only using DVA ACARS and RC4 as running addons.Within about 5 minutes of being airborne, FS9 minimizes by itself and I go to the desktop. Simply clicking on the the FS9 program gets me back into the sim. At some other time, no idea when (im usually sleeping), FS9 will crash to the desktop without leaving an error, warning, or any sign that it was even there and open - poof gone.A search brough up a post with a similiar problem with HP software being the culprit. This is purely a gaming computer and I rarely surf the net nor install anything that woould potentially slow my computer down. I run CSS, BF2, AA w/o the auto task switch/minimize for hours - without crashing to desktop as well.My systemC2D e6600eVGA 7950gt2 gigs ddr2 800XPproAny ideas?ThanksDan

Guest icebrain

Check your CPU temp... I have a feeling that my processor is getting too hot, and causing the crashes, but I haven't yet had a chance to clean the heatsink out and replace the thermal conductor to see if it works.

Does this happen wherever you fly? If so, I would be at a bit of a loss to explain it..Whenever this problem happens to me I find that it is related to incompatible or missing bgl files and I've always been able to resolve it by locating the culprit and removing it from the setup. Oddly, the problem can occur even when flying outside an area covered by the bgl file in question - for instance, a bgl scenery file covering an area in Japan may cause crashes even when flying in China. No idea why, but it has certainly been the case with me in the past.I posted a reply (post no. 16459 - "Project Canarias 2006" in the FS9 forum just now, which explains how I troubleshoot this problem. May be of help to you?? It's a bit trial and error, but it always successfully fixes CTDs & blue screens for me. Good luck.Martin