Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Middleton

CTD with Wilco / Feelthere Airbus and Navigation data

Guest Paul Middleton

A number of users of the Wilco / Feelthere Airbus have reported CTD's, apparently in connection with displaying navigational data on the EFIS or accessing it with the MCDU. I myself hit this problem last week while working on an AVSIM review, and am able to publish here a work-round for at least one of the problems.When selecting "VOR" on the EFIS Control, if there is a DME-only beacon (in other words a VOR/DME but with just the distance information, not directional information) within the range that you have set on the display, then FS9 will CTD (and FSX will "terminate unexpectedly"). Obviously there are a number of such DME beacons around the world, often associated with US military bases; examples are Whidbey Island near Seattle, or the Rota Naval Station in Southern Spain. In view of the probability of coming across these in many parts of the world, my advice would be never to select "VOR" on the EFIS display until such time as the problem is fixed.Clearly in the current (3a or earlier) version the Wilco/Feelthere logic can't handle the navigation data associated with DME beacons. This faulty logic may well also account for other CTD's encountered when on an ILS approach and selecting an ILS runway, although I don't have enough data to be more precise.For reasons best known to Wilco, their Forum is currently (25.8.07) "locked" and so I can't add this information over there.

Paul - Thanks. That's great information. Please continue to post if you uncover more.Wilco products in general have CTD's on FSX/Vista. I have the same symptoms with the 737, A3XX series, Citation X, ERJ, Legacy etc..The 777 has an OOM error that pops up for reasons unkown.I've posted in the FT forums the DLL's that seem to be the culprit.The most unstable situations are the following:a. Starting up FSX with a Wilco/FT product in the saved situation.b. Changing aircraft from a W/FT product to anotherc. When exiting FSX, 99.9% of the time, it results in a FSX error and exit.d. When ending a flight.Something common in the products is causing this.More disturbing is a note from one of the FT staff that they loaded FSX and Vista and had no problems. Meanwhile, a large % of the customers are experiencing this.These products are my favorite FSX aircraft, but I'm frustrated not having a workaround, and discouraged knowing FT can't reproduce this.In the mean time, I hope somone discovers something obvious and relieves us of this annoying situation. It's been too long to not have a fix.Best regards,BobKMEM

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Paul - Thanks. That's great information. Please continue to post if you uncover more.Wilco products in general have CTD's on FSX/Vista. I have the same symptoms with the 737, A3XX series, Citation X, ERJ, Legacy etc..The 777 has an OOM error that pops up for reasons unkown.I've posted in the FT forums the DLL's that seem to be the culprit.The most unstable situations are the following:a. Starting up FSX with a Wilco/FT product in the saved situation.b. Changing aircraft from a W/FT product to anotherc. When exiting FSX, 99.9% of the time, it results in a FSX error and exit.d. When ending a flight.Something common in the products is causing this.More disturbing is a note from one of the FT staff that they loaded FSX and Vista and had no problems. Meanwhile, a large % of the customers are experiencing this.These products are my favorite FSX aircraft, but I'm frustrated not having a workaround, and discouraged knowing FT can't reproduce this.In the mean time, I hope somone discovers something obvious and relieves us of this annoying situation. It's been too long to not have a fix.Best regards,BobKMEM
I have the same problems I don't have oom problems like that with other planes. And the FMC take ages to load sometimes. I don't seem to able to find som fixes.Anyone with suggestions?JensJens Michlas Frederiksberg Copenhagen, DK

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark