Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest stone53

CTD with add-on A/C and Vista

I've been running this add-on (Wilco/Feethere ERJ Legacy) with FSX and Windows XP without any problems. Now I've changed to Window Vista Home Edition and get a CTD when I choose "End Flight" to get back and start a new flight.When I click "End Flight" FSX shuts down and I get a message that "the program execution security function has closed FSX" (this is a translation from the Swedish version of Vista. I don't know the exact words in english). If I try to disengage this security function in Vista following the help instructions I get the message that "FSX won't allow this operation". How can I get around this?Not knowing if this is a Vista/FSX problem or a Wilco/Feelthere problem I've posted this question on the Legacy forum as well hoping that my problem won't "fall between the chairs".Greatful for any help.Sten-

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has anybody figured anything out for this. I used to fly the Legacy on XP and it worked great. I haven't flown it in a while but I just started flying it again last week. My sim rig now has vista home premium on it and I am getting a ctd on selecting end flight or exit. At first I was getting a DEP error right after the ctd. I shut down data execution prevention using the bcdedit.exe/set {current} nx AlwaysOff command but I am still getting the problem. Any suggestions.

Vista has a User Account Control function that sometimes gets in the way. You can shut it off by gouing to Control Panel/User Accounts. You can shut off UAC there.Bob

If you have a system operating on VISTA and FSX SP2, acceleration,..DONT BUY PRODUCTS ORIGINALY BUILT FOR FS2004 AND MADE "COMPATIBLE" FOR FSX !!! WILCO/FEELTHERE are specialized in making old software (for 2004) compatible with FSX in no time.... All products like these have made my system CTD because, for as far as I experienced in using them, these products are made in a quick breeze to make easy money and the cli