Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefltt

NVidia Vs ATI

Hi there,I've read many many topics in forums, and I've always read that people are having problems (CTD, freeze, etc etc) with NVidia Graphic cards and FSX+SP2 or Acceleration. But what about other people, those who are using ATI's graphic cards ? Do they have the same problems ? I've never read negative topics for ATI.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It would be good if anyone else can give their experiences with either ATI or NVidia cards. I have a 7600 card and have given up FSX because of incessant CTDs regardless of which drivers I use.

I recently just switched from an 8800GTX to a 3870X2. Crashes are a thing of the past with the ATI card.

well I think that all my problems are Nvidia driver issues.Having suffered crash after crash using dx10 I have just downloaded latest drivers again 169.25 and the crashes have stopped..however stutters badly with dx10. If I disable the dx10 preview Its smooth playback.intel Q9300 @ 2.94gig ddr2nvidia 8800 gts 640 mbvista 64So i am convinced that ati is the way to go for fsx but I think i will just forego the dx10 until next gen cards appear (is there really that much difference..cant see it my self)