Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

FSX OOM crash....

Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I finished lately re install Windows XP and FSX. At one of my first flights afterwards I got a "Your computer doesn

Hi,I am another one with the same issue and the same addons, and I can't complete a flight from Italy to Paris, even excluding all addons ...

thanks, Nick Nby the way: uninstalling Scenerytech's Landclass (europe), the issue went away, nonetheless I will try your fix, reinstalling this addon too

Nick N,I am sorry for forgetting to post my specs:I fly with:coreDuo8500winxp sp2 3GbRAMXFX 8800 gtx SLIFSX sp2 Acceleration, plus all the addons mentioned by itifonhomby reading your link, it looks like that there's no need to make boot.ini arrangements, so I'm back to square one with scenerytech Landclass issue

Guest Nick_N

????????????You use that boot.ini edit for XP if:1. You have more than 2GB of memory2. You see OOM errors with or without 2GB+ memoryIn other words, you should use that tweak It is possible there may be some type of scenery conflict on your system between ST and something else installed causing the error, ... none the less you qualify for that edit and it should be done ASAP on your system

Nick N,I'm sorry, I misunderstood your statement "If you have FSX SP2, the exe file is already 2G+ aware" from the link you posted: I supposed that I had nothing to tweak more:) microsoft update installed, boot.ini editedthanks

Guest nigvilla

>>>????????????>>You use that boot.ini edit for XP if:>>1. You have more than 2GB of memory>>2. You see OOM errors with or without 2GB+ memory>>>In other words, you should use that tweak >>>It is possible there may be some type of scenery conflict on>your system between ST and something else installed causing>the error, ... none the less you qualify for that edit and it>should be done ASAP on your systemNick,My specs are very similar to the other guys in this post, XP SP3, FSXSP2 and 2GB Ram.I have only just started to see CTD through OOM errors after over a year of FSX use so I have applied the boot.ini edit after reading about it on one of your other posts.What are your thoughts about the tweaks to the bufferpools section of fsx.cfg I have also read about. Previously you advised that an awful lot of cfg tweaks were not necessary after FSX Sp2?Interestingly, I also run ST Europe Landclass with UTX so I may try disabling the ST entry.