Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Question about addon sceneries

Guest blaster331

Greetings all,I was wondering if anybody can advise on some addon sceneries. I have been contemplating purchasing several of Imaginesims airports. I would like to know how their quality is and also their performance.I have dreamscenery kind and its a dog with all options maxed.But it still a great airport for us cargo fliers.Also have seen Gary Widup's KDEN ad wondered how that compares to imagines payware.Thanks and Happy LandingsBest regardsAndrew

From what you said I assume you are primarily looking for commercial airport sceneries. I have two names I think everyone would agree on:Flightscenery & FlytampaThat's 9+ airports for your consideration.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

You might want to consider these. I have purchased from both and they are excellent and good FPS.Fly Tampahttp://www.flytampa.com/index.htmland Cloud 9 has some fine scenery.http://www.fscloud9.com/php/home.php?lang=ENIf you like some accross the oceans aerosoft has EDDF and other good scenery.http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?show270Hope this will get you started.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest blaster331

Thanks Windycloud, yes I forgot to mention that I have some flytampa and also portland by flightscenery. But i am still considering imagine sim and would like to know how it rates by people who use it. I have also downloaded some great sceniers from the library but am open to any suggestions such as yours. Thank you very muchBest regardsAndrew:-wave

Guest CyberSimmer

I can only speak on the the payware airports that I have which are Clou9's LAX and ImagineSims KEWR.In my opinion you cant go wrong with Cloud9's LAX. Very realistic looking, and loaded with objects (including moving objects in and around the airport)..Try the Demo!Imagine Sim's KEWR looks very stunning also with even more static object which makes it a pig! Especially during night flights..Yet ofcourse there is still the option to tone down the airport scenery abit if you find you need to.Good luck in whatever you decide!CHRIS--------------------------Asus P800SE MoboP4 Prescott 3.0ghz OC 3.4Nvidia 6800GT AGP2 gig Corsair RamSoundBlaster Live 2419 Samsung LCD--------------------------

Guest drmweaver2

You mentioned that some sceneries are "dogs" with everything maxed out for you. That's actually the crux of your question and the key to the validity or value of any answer offered.Your satisfaction **may** depend on your system specs.I happen to like the Imagine sceneries I have and have seen. They have a noticeable but reasonable impact for my fps ---- much less than any AI traffic. The amount of AI traffic has far more effect on my frame rates than does any of Imagine's sceneries - but I try to run with the AI traffic slider at 100% all the time regardless of location.The earlier Imagine sceneries are less frame friendly than the later ones.... and location matters also. For instance, KMSY (New Orleans) obviously sits in an area where this scenery is not competing with a large urban sprawl of mega-skyscrapers like KEWR (Newark). But it is an earlier design, I think, than KEWR. Then again, not only is KEWR a more complex airport to model, on the horizon are KJFK and La Guardia along with all of their associated AI traffic. Truthfully, I think they are almost worth the price - especially if you get one of the multipacks. I say almost because I live near New Orleans and have a few minor arguments with how and what was modelled at KMSY (nothing that really makes me regret the purchase however... just a nagging thing).I've also seen and/or have some other sceneries, FlyTampa, etc... and feel that Imagine's stack up well against them. All that having been said, if I had it to do all over again, I'd not buy a single payware scenery until I had exhausted all the freeware websites searching for the airports I would visit most often. I mean, I think it would be hard to improve on Grimshaw's KBOS considering the price - FREE! Depending upon the particular locale, you can even find photosceneries and mesh for some airports - again, FREE!Just my two cents.. and no, I have no association with Imagine or any other scenery design group.

Guest CyberSimmer

You are absolutely right about location. KEWR ofcourse is in an extremely dense place which add to more loss in FPS.. So I dont believe ImagineSims KEWR should be punished for that as it as I said a very stunning airport in my view.Bottom Line any airport is an improvement over the defualt airports , including some very good Freeware:)Chris,