Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Best payware jet with good FPS

I have an older AMD XP2400 based system with 1 Gig RAM and an ATI x800Pro 256 meg vid card. Mostly I fly GA - but would like to get a more complex/advanced jet which is flyable on my system. I realise that many of the very complex jets are FPS killers. Any ideas please - commercial jets could be anything from heavies down to Regionals.And also perhaps you could tell me which ones to keep away from.Thanks for any helpBarry

I recommend the Level-D 767-300ER. You can buy it on www.flight1.com or on www.play.com (CD+DVD).I use this aircraft on my 640Mb / PIII 850Mhz / GeForce3 64Mb system. I also have the Flight1 ATR, the PMDG B744... Level-D has the details and is better than the others when you talk about framerates.Best regards.

my old setup was somewhat like yours...I would stay away from Captain sim and PSS 757 as they require lots of power it seems (at least in my exp.)LDS-767 is 'ok' won't be ever smooth on the ground in VC, but once you get up in the air, the level-d 767 will be real good for ya... I might also add that it is one of the best addons for FS9 ever made...also PMDG 737 is 'ok' too... its not one of my 'top' planes but I love the 737 series so I fly this one regularly... its def good with FPS... the PMDG 747 likes to eat decent FPS but its very complex...also the embraer 145 is good with FPS (let it be VC, ext. etc) www.feelthere.com has it I think... you could also try FFS saab 340 but I really dont like that plane, feels just too simple...so I would say try embraer 145, and also PMDG 737 series... you will like them... and perhaps give LDS767 a try

Barry,I had a similar machine similar to yours and at least on mine for the more complex aircraft I used the PMDG 737, LDL 767, PSS 777. The best in fps in order wasLDS 767PSS 777PMDG 737sSeveral of the Eaglesoft commuter jets were similar to the 767. In order was Beechjet 400 (best fps but not very complex)Citation XAt least on my system the hardest on FPS was the PMDGs 737.I have the Overland Airbus set which are by far the easiest on fps; however, they are not near as complex as the ones mentioned above.Hope this helpsCarlOld computer: Dell dimmension P4-2.4ghz, 756mb, 5900XT agp

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest andrav

I enjoy using the Feelthere 737-400 in FS9 on my P4 2.4/ATIX800 system

It's advanced in the sense of lots to do, even if modelling an old airframe, so I'd say Dreamfleet's 727. I love it.