Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Anyone have the Buttkicker Gamer??

It was on sale for $60 that I bought recently. But that thing wouldn't hook on to the chair I have. I was not prepared to spend money on a chair that had a thin stand to hook this thing up to. It needs a stand to clamp onto thats not thicker than probably 2 to 2.5 inches or something. I didn't know till I tried to hook it up. So check under your chair to see...where you are going to clamp this thing to first before you order it.So..now its back in the box. I didn't even attempt to try it.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest klbrown

Have it. Love it. Rarely fly without it.Fortunately, it fits my chair.

>I've been curious about this product:>(http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/bk.htm) for>some time now, and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions>about it? Thanks!>>PaulI got it a couple of months ago from Amazon for $50 (with a $50 rebate). Got the rebate check from buttkicker with no problem. The device works well and does what it says it will do. You can really feel things like rpm, landing gear, flaps deploying, etc. I use it for FS9 and CFS3. Don't pay full price though as lots of sites have it with rebates. It does add alot to the imersion faction. I did end up getting a new chair to make it fit, but we needed one anyways as we were using a one from our kitchen table. Although you can't hear the noise you can hear the vibration in other parts of the house. One of the first times I used it my daughter thought there was a car with its subwoofer really loud on outside. LOLHope this helps- Blake

Guest surfspin

My Buttkicker Gamer is under the Christmas Tree. :( Hey, Maybe I ought ask for a new chair too!!!! :)

I bought it with the sale at flightsim.com. And it works great. All the subtle changes in RPM, e.g. rough engine RPM are very much realistic. So realistic that my wife hates FS even more while we have a wooden floor in our house and the whole house vibrates LOL :). But you can change the 'volume' i.e. the amount of vibration.Great tool, can recommend it. Together with a yoke, throttles, pedals and TrackIR 4 it makes flying like it should be.All the best,Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Tomlin

Would you guys suspect that this would be a good device to have in a home flight deck mounted to the floor/frame of the sim underneath the center pedestal? Would it be good for a corporate jet?

There's another tool for that kind of application (ie under floor etc)It's called: Buttkicker BK-LFE. Look here: http://www.amazon.com/Buttkicker-BK-LFEKit...8&s=electronics(not meant as kinda marketing but amazon was the first to come with the result I looked for)http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000...1099114773_.jpgYou can buy additional units for other effects to go with it.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg