Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

Tower view

How do I get the tower view to be where the tower is? I have Jim Vile KMSPs afcads but the tower view shows up just left of 30L and before runwy 4. I even add the tower in the afcad to match the tower which is north of rnwy 4 and right of 30L, And it's fine when I use ms map view and move the tower there. But when I start fs9 it's back to the old position. It doesn't even go by the afcad. I have the same problem with Cloud9's KLAX. What file needs to be changed to make it permanent.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JohnKI always proceeded with the understanding that the airport takes its tower view from the airport scenery, if defined, (this would include AF2 files, too); from a "nearby" location if tower is not defined; or wherever it was when/if you save a flight. If you are approaching the adjusted airport from 'inside' a saved flight, you would still have the 'old location'. For me, doing a GOTO Airport always reset the tower view after I adjusted it.Hope this helpsLoyd

Or see this thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=3865&page= and all your problems are solved.>How do I get the tower view to be where the tower is? I have>Jim Vile KMSPs afcads but the tower view shows up just left of>30L and before runwy 4. I even add the tower in the afcad to>match the tower which is north of rnwy 4 and right of 30L, >And it's fine when I use ms map view and move the tower there.> But when I start fs9 it's back to the old position. It>doesn't even go by the afcad. I have the same problem with>Cloud9's KLAX. What file needs to be changed to make it>permanent.

I started using tower view. That's how I discovered that the tower view at KMSP isn't even close to the acctual tower. And also KLAX. Now I have KPDX by flight scenery and the tower view is in the right spot. Also, KDEN is correct. I haven't tried other airports yet. It's just those 2 I've noticed were in the incorrect location.

AFCAD can reposition the tower view. Just slew the airplane to where the tower should be and write down the coordinates and altitude, then open the airport in AFCAD and either modify the existing tower position or "insert" a new one using your coordinates.As Loyd mentioned, you must use "Go to Airport" or load from "Create a Flight" to see the effects of the modification, loading a saved flight will position the tower wherever it happened to be when you saved the flight.Jim