Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalch

went back to FS9 and WWWOWWW

Guest kalch

I started flight simming again after many years away with fsx, but was a bit dissapointed with fps of 15 or so. Went back and bought a fs2004 package for 20 bucks, and it's running well over 40 fps. I do notice that fsinn drastically affects the fps, but still hovering around 30 or so when it is running.Im sticking with FS9 until I go out and get a e6800 one day, and can use the DX10 platform.Plus, the number of addons for FS9 are astonishing. ANd the planes seem to handle the same in both.thoughts?My system, btw;dell 8400 3ghz, 1 gb ram, video is th GEFORCE 7600 with 256 ram

Since your sticking around with FS9 (like me but I also dabble in FSX), you should take advantage of some of the Christmas sales going on right now.ClutchProject 9Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>Since your sticking around with FS9 (like me but I also>dabble in FSX), you should take advantage of some of the>Christmas sales going on right now.>>Clutch>Project 9DragonsI totally agree with that. FS9 is still the way to go for me for the foreseeable future. I've bought some great stuff at 50% or more off lately for FS9. FSX runs fairly bad on my system, so I doubt I'll be using it much.Check out the sales at fscloud9.com. I picked up KDCA and KLAX both for a grand total of about $23. Also just ordered the Wilco 737 from pcaviator.com, which is on sale at $16.95 + shipping until 12/31.KP

Great advice about checking out the holiday sales--Carenado has a few packages to choose from. I just bought the 182Q/Dakota combo which they were selling for $19.95. Here's links to a couple of threads I posted with shots of these great add-ons:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=249299http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=249140-John