Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Purchased Piper Cheyenne from Aerosoft and need suggest...

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Hello all!I just purchased Aerosoft's Piper PA-31T Cheyenne after reading about a fantastic review on the Avsim Review forum. Indeed, I agree that after having flown it myself, from top to bottom, this is one BEAUTIFUL Aircraft! I love it! I think I may be doing something wrong in configuring my CH Throttle Quadrant in FS9. When flying the Piper Cheyenne only, all seems to work well functionally except the graphical display of the "Condition Lever", (The Red "Fuel Mixture Lever"), inside the Piper Cheyenne virtual and 2-D cockpit. The Mixture Lever displayed in the Cheyenne flickers on and off rapidly when I move the Mixture Lever on my Throttle Quadrant but the Propellor, and the Throttle 1 & 2 display fine. Also, when I move the mixture during flight, there is no audible engine smoothness or roughness. If I bring the Mixture Levers fully aft, the engines sound does cut out but they do not stop when feathered in flight.My question is this: Is there a difference between a "Condition Lever" and a "Fuel Mixture Lever"? When I configured the Throttle Quadrant in FS9 I assigned the "Condition Levers" to the Engines 1 & 2 Mixture Axis' respectively. Is this correct, or does it need to be assigned as something else? I would really love to get everything configured properly so I can enjoy all the fullness this aircraft has to offer.If you are familiar with this particular Aircraft, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:)

If I remember correctly, I think in the Cheyenne I & II, it is really only a "off / on" lever.....really just a switch!Rick

Don't know who you are as you didn't sign your post?As far as I know, the Piper Cheyenne is a turbo-prop. The angle of the throttles control the pitch, as with most other turbo-props.The mixture lever is just another way of stopping the engines.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi,The condition lever in the DA Cheyenne is binair, i.e. On or Off. You shouldn't it control with your Mixture lever, but your mouse instead.The reason why it flickers is that you first have to load the default KSAE flight with the default Cessna and then change to the Cheyenne.BTW: The DA Cheyenne has it's own support site:http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest tjbaron

I have the Piper Cheyenne and frequently fly the IIXL version. After reading the manual the position of the fuel mixture control should be at low idle for landing. Versions I and II have only full and cut off positions.

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Hi,>>The condition lever in the DA Cheyenne is binair, i.e. On or>Off. You shouldn't it control with your Mixture lever, but>your mouse instead.>The reason why it flickers is that you first have to load the>default KSAE flight with the default Cessna and then change to>the Cheyenne.>>BTW: The DA Cheyenne has it's own support site:>http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/>Thanks for every ones help. All is well now! I'm havin' a blast with this Cheyenne now.:-) Regards,Mark.