Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

FS Navigator registration problem

I must be slow or something: I installed this fabulous addon about a year ago - I think without problem, but here I am after a fresh reinstall of FS9 and all that entails - I've just added FS Nav and have no clue how I get a three-line (Name, Date and Key) into two lines; i.e. Username & Unlock key. I can't find any post that explicitly says how to do this and I must have tried ten different combinations of the email wording. I'm sorry to ask, but I'm just so tired from installing and testing of FSX, FS9, video drivers, and configuring five years of great addons - all within the last month. Any help is appreciated.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest neslesman

Is it possible that you are still getting your first 20 "try it outs" for free and that the third field won't show up until you've used up all your "trys". That's my wild guess. Otherwise I feel your pain having spent a day dealing with online companies and web sites that are created/written by sadists. Everything seems to be going in circles and then finally it's "you can't get there from here".I'm goin' for a drink. Good luck!

How come when I download FSnavigator and install I still get the three lines, name, date and key?

Yeah, I'm seeing all 3 fields in my FSNav too. It says something about users who purchased early versions and winners need only enter the key, but it doesn't sound like that's the problem you're having.Anyway, maybe you could try this:Navigate to "Flight Simulator 9ModulesFSNavigatorBin" and open "Program.cfg" in Notepad. Near the top, I'm seeing registration info that looks like this:LicenseName=Jim RobinsonLicenseDate=06/19/2002LicenseKey=*******I'd try entering the registration info here, save, and see if it unlocks FSNav.Best wishes,Jim

Many thanks, Jim; guys. . . I did that, Jim - saw a similar solution on the FSNav site where the guy was reinstalling over the top of a previous install. With mine I have removed and rebuilt FS9 altogether because of the problems with the pc since FSX went on.This file is not there initially. I have a separate 80 gig drive dedicated to FS9 and 10, and have had five or six BSoD's since September; I think it's caused some corruption to occur in a number of areas of the pc - not just FSX itself. Anyway, last night I decided to remove FSX and rebuild the entire machine. Thanks.pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.