Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

FSX autogen in FS9???

Guest JTEK99

Hehe. The FSX autogen is part of the reason you only get about 10 fps. :)

Actually, I'm not sure it is. FSX is mad. I can put all the sliders to 0 and the frame rate actually gets worse. The higher up I put the sliders, the better my framerate is.About the only thing that really impacts is the ai traffic. I turn that up and it gets down to about 5 FPS.

>Actually, I'm not sure it is. FSX is mad. I can put all the>sliders to 0 and the frame rate actually gets worse. The>higher up I put the sliders, the better my framerate is.>About the only thing that really impacts is the ai traffic. I>turn that up and it gets down to about 5 FPS.I've found the FSX auto-gen & water effects as having high impacts on the frame rates. Unlike FS9, the weather doesn't have near the fps impact, this time around.L.Adamson

Ok, gents, let's keep it on topic.As far as I know, moving things backwards from FSX to FS9 isn't really possible.

Thanks for that. Has anyone ever altered the autogen objects, or are they locked? As I said earlier, I know people created new objects for EZscenery, but I'm guessing they aren;t transportable into the autogen, are they? How does it work?I'm guessing in FS9 there's one descriptor for the entire world something like "Residential buildings/industrial buildings/vegetation", whereas in FSX, they separate it into something like "European buildings/American buildings" etc. Is that why the buildings in FS9 seem more generic across the entire globe?

I know you can edit FS9 agn files, but I believe there's an object limit on how many objects a file can hold. I would love to see an edit or autogen update similar to what FS-X allows that only puts autogen vegetation into the sim and not buildings. I love the sense of speed autogen offers coming in on approach, but more often than not the buildings just don't look right in suburbia...-John

"In case you didn't notice people are here because they prefer FS9 over FSX at this point in time. If your going to slam many of us for posting in the FSX forum I feel it's only appropriated to point out many of us are watching you very closely..."Hmmmmm. Can't a person enjoy both sims? Coming from someone who has posted his FS-X agenda in practically every forum and every chance he gets, your kneejerk reaction to Larry's post is rather telling. In no way was Larry's reply to this thread negative. That tone was introduced by your reply, as seems to be the case with many of your posts. I don't like your speaking on behalf of those of us who fly FS-9 with the tone your posts display. Your tone makes us sound like a bunch of FS-X wannabes rather than people who enjoy the fellowship and entertainment FS-9 will provide for years to come.-John

I noticed this too Chris... :-lol Thanks for speaking up. This guy can't help himself... It's almost like he has scouts out any thread anywhere in any forum that has FSX in the title.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Is it possible to convert and import the FSX autogen objects into FS9? I wonder because I know a lot of objects have been created for FS9 (I have EZscenery), though I've never seen mention of new autogen objects, now I come to think about it.I have both FSX and FS9, and still very much like FS9, the only trouble is, I fly a lot in fs9 over germany, and I find the FS9 autogen objects, esp with the better Ultimate terrain landclass, look somewhat out of place - too generically American and not very European.I get about 10 FPS, no matter what settings or fixes I try in FSX (I suspect my CPU simply will not run it any higher), and quite frankly, I'd drop it if I could get its better autogen.

John I can agree here to a certain extent. If me or anyone says anything objective about FSX in the FSX forum L.Adamson is always one of the main one's to comment. You're right we all come in here for the love of the hobby but what's happening is certain people can get away with saying things that others can't. I have not found Chris posting in any forum but AVSIM's FS9 and FSX forums as of late. His comments should be respected just like you seem to respect L.Adamson's. It's perfectly fine to enjoy both sims just like it's perfectly fine to be critical of both as well. As long as we remain civil among each other objective discussions should be O.K.. Everyone should be respected as we all have our take on the two versions.It's now becoming apparent that certain people can come into the FS9 forum and post good/bad on this version but if anything constructive is posted in the FSX forum people all but tell you to get out. I hardly post anymore as in my book it's a useless cause until the FSX patch comes out. I stand firm on the shortcomings of the new sim as I accepted the monitoring software on my machine with hopes that would make an impact on Aces as to what simmers wanted in the new sim. We've all discussed possibilities in the new version to death and what we ended up getting was nothing like what many had hoped for. Now some of you are settling for the performance problems (among other things) and the voices of protest are more and more being stamped out. I can understand beating a dead horse is useless but until Aces fixes this version they may as well hear it... Chris gave many examples of cases where a simmer in question would have a valid problem and we all would be discussing it only to find people like L.Adamson chiming in with the usual 'Dear when your headlights meets it' answer, "It works great for me". I mean if this guy has nothing to bring to the table other than how great the sim works for him, his post should get removed. You accuse Chris of being in every forum down talking FS9, prove it... I'll give you many example of L.Adamson blindly praising FSX offering no help or solutions to anyone's problem outside of making a mockery out of a legitimate issue.John don't get me wrong L.Adamson is very capable of some very insightful discussions just like you and me. I actually respect the guy and his opinions. We've just had a fork in the road on this FSX issue. If you want to ban me for saying FSX is crap compared to what many of us expected, do it... But the fact still remains for many of us it falls short of the mark (far short). Deleting peoples post for valid observations of other members here I feel is wrong but it's you guy's call. I guess we have some people who can say what they want and jump from forum to forum with the same ideological message and others can't (myself included). I don't know why some get the right and others don't. Like I said visit Flightsim.com and other FS forums and look for me and Chris (and any other person for that matter), then look for L.Adamson and I'd bet you $100 that L.Adamson beats out all of us with the same close minded view point of FSX (comments that offer nothing more than one person's right to bloviate). I know you won't find me on any forum except Avsim's FS9, Screenshot, and FSX forum saying anything about either sim yet I'm one of the biggest perceived FSX antagonist in the FS community let some people tell it...

FS2020 

Guest Water Mango

Dillon thanks for the speak up... :-)I'm awaiting JohnCi's answer on this but we really need to keep this thread on topic for the benefit of the original poster. I'm holding back any further comments as it would be best suited for a different thread topic...

I'm not a moderator here any more Dillon, haven't been for a long time so I can't ban you. Nor have I deleted anyone's posts on the subject as I quit being a mod long before FS-X started marching into these forums. But on the surface of it, if I were to compare Chris's posts with Larry's, nothing Larry said in this thread deserved the remark Chris made. Larry wasn't attacking anyone or FS9. Chris in my opinion chose to hijack the thread (and you are apparently doing the same) by taking a simmering issue and making it the topic of this thread vs. what the original poster was asking. I don't frequent the FS-X forums often and couldn't care less what's going down between the lot of you. Just don't ruin this forum with it--and I am asking that as a member since I quit the mod gig a long while ago.One final thought--If Chris' sole purpose was to champion FS9 why isn't he there in the screenshots forum drawing positive attention to the FS9 posts there? I've posted some pretty decent examples of what the sim can do and rarely do I see the usual suspects in these point/counterpoint threads commenting. There's more than one way to skin a cat.-John

Guest Water Mango

"If Chris' sole purpose was to champion FS9 why isn't he there in the screenshots forum drawing positive attention to the FS9 posts there?"Good point, I'll be looking for your post... :-)As far as championing FS9 that is not my purpose. I just think FSX is crap and I'm very vocal about it. I don't post allot as I don't have time. L.Adamson is known and together with Bill Leaming has told Dillon and others to stay out of the FSX forum if they have nothing positive to say about FSX ("Go to the FS9 forum since you like it so much"). Once again he's here posting nothing of real value and I pointed that out. Dillon said it best above, "the usual 'Dear when your headlights meets it' answer, "It works great for me". This is what some of us have a problem with and it's getting tired. For the record L.Adamson started this whole thing...

>"In case you didn't notice people are here because they>prefer FS9 over FSX at this point in time. If your going to>slam many of us for posting in the FSX forum I feel it's only>appropriated to point out many of us are watching you very>closely...">Who ever wrote this before editing........Is kidding, right? :-roll Quite amazing, isn't it. I probably have three thousand post's in this FS9 forum, beta tested FS9.................and now I'm being watched ---very closely--? Very sad, isn't it...L.Adamson

John, L.Adamson writes above autogen has a big impact on frames which is true in FSX. Then he goes on to say the weather in FSX is better than FS9. No where did the original poster mention anything about weather. L.Adamson is a big advocate of flying around FSX with terrain devoid of any trees or buildings. Here we have a subtle way of nudging FSX above FS9. There's better examples in many other threads and it's getting old. I'm not trying to hijack this thread as my original post was a short response to Chris. I had to address the deleted post from Chris and your comments too John. Now let's get back on topic here as all I have to offer the original poster is, it's best to download the freeware building textures here on Avsim (I forget the name but there's great updated airport scenery available for free that does wonders for the default airports). If you don't mind going payware then get Flight1's Ground Scenery Pro package. You'll love the updated textures all around. :-)

FS2020