Sign in to follow this  
atc_scott

Awwwww man...g3d.dll........

I had my first episode of our old friend today since installing on my new computer...:( (I have been free of that error for over four months now)...I was on final to the beautiful KPDX...and about 6 mile final after a 3 hour flight...and bammmm...!!! Isn't that a bummer. I bet if I flew the whole thing again I wouldn't get that error again. I guess that is why the CTD thing is so frustrating...so random. Anyway, didn't have time to refly it, just wanted to vent to someone that might have sympathy...:) Hope you all had a better flight today than I...Cheers,Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bummer.I see you have a new PC. I got to re-experience some of the old long-slain dragons myself on my recent new-PC odyssey.Lessons learned: need updated DirectX (all versions 9c are not the same), updated video drivers after the DX9 update, and make sure you have the FS 9.1 patch and RemoveATC=Yes in FSUIPC.ini if using external ATC.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

do you have flight scenery's Portland installed? If so, there's a known CTD bug around KPDX (when you approach from a certain direction). You can read more about it on their forum. There are no fixes yet. However, it might only occur during summer time. I have experienced this CTD a few times myself, but only around KPDX approaching from the east.-feng

Yup, I was on final to rwy 10L. I have flown in there a few times before without any problems, thanks for the heads up, will head over to their forum and have a look.Cheers,Scott