Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Need some help doing some detective work...

Hi all, in the pursuit of relentless perfection, to quote the old lexus commercials, i have one last problem i need to solve with my fs9 setup. I have a lot of complicated add on sceneries like Aerosoft's Frankfurt, Simflyers KATL, the awesome KBOS freeware scenery (the author's name escapes me right now). Anyway with all these sceneries I run full 100% AI (Ultimate Traffic) with all sliders to the right, I also use ASV6, and radar contact. With all these applications I have fluid performance with my favorite aircraft the PMDG 747-400. The only place in the whole sim where i have stutters is at KORD with the default scenery. For some reason whenever i look toward the main terminal building my frames drop to 5fps, if i look down at my instrument panel, the frames jump to 16 (where i have them locked). Before I start trouble shooting this i would appreciate any ideas of what i should be looking for, what are the potential things that could be causing this? I'm thinking something in the textures of the terminal building may be the culprit but I don't know where to start looking.My Specs:3.6Ghz intelNvidia 6800 GT (82.** drivers)2Gigs PC3200 DDR RAM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Possibly one or more badly-optimized AI models parked at the terminal? Maybe it'd be worth slewing over there to see which AI birds are in view...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

>Hi all, in the pursuit of relentless perfection, to quote the>old lexus commercials, i have one last problem i need to solve>with my fs9 setup. I have a lot of complicated add on>sceneries like Aerosoft's Frankfurt, Simflyers KATL, the>awesome KBOS freeware scenery (the author's name escapes me>right now). Anyway with all these sceneries I run full 100%>AI (Ultimate Traffic) with all sliders to the right, I also>use ASV6, and radar contact. With all these applications I>have fluid performance with my favorite aircraft the PMDG>747-400. The only place in the whole sim where i have>stutters is at KORD with the default scenery. For some reason>whenever i look toward the main terminal building my frames>drop to 5fps, if i look down at my instrument panel, the>frames jump to 16 (where i have them locked). Before I start>trouble shooting this i would appreciate any ideas of what i>should be looking for, what are the potential things that>could be causing this? I'm thinking something in the textures>of the terminal building may be the culprit but I don't know>where to start looking.>>My Specs:>>3.6Ghz intel>Nvidia 6800 GT (82.** drivers)>2Gigs PC3200 DDR RAM>>>>Just uninstall the crappy KORD scenery from simflyers. ricardo

>>The only place in the whole sim where i have>>stutters is at KORD with the default scenery. >>Just uninstall the crappy KORD scenery from simflyers. Just a hunch, but I don't think SimFlyers made the default scenery.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile