Sign in to follow this  
kparrish1

could someone please help me

Hi, everyone I am having a real strange problem [seems that is the only kind I ever get] that I have never heard of. It is with fsmeteo. I have been using this program for about 3 years with no problems. But now for some strange reason when I use fsmeteo if I put kmco,korl,or kdab as dest. airport fs2002 almost stops and you can see fsmeteo running about every 10or12seconds if you whatch the task manager. What is weird is it is ONLY if I have one of the airports set as dest. Marc has been trying to help me for about a week. I have reinstalled fsmeteo I have ver5.2. Ihave fsupic ver.2.972 {I have tried all of them back to 2.94] I have deleted fs2002s cfg.file and rebult it. If some kind sole could load up fs2002 and run fsmeteo and set kmco as dest.airport and let me know what happens? It does get the weather for kmco but fsmeteo accesses my cpu so often the my frame rates drop to about 2. thanks inadvance. I have windows xp home P4 1.8 geforce4 card 512 ram. thanks keith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you install SP1 from Microsoft? I did and started having the same exact problem that you are experiencing with FS2002 using Win XP. Since I did not want to reformat and reinstall yet again, I put an old hard drive into my system as a second drive. I then installed Win 98 on it and FS2002. And I run FS2002 from this drive. No stutters and everything works fine. If you don't have a spare drive lying around, you might end up having to reinstall. Good luck. Bob

Bob,Thanks for the tip! I was thinking of installing SP1 on my PC, but not now! I use FSMETEO regularly and I certainly don't need any problems that will reduce frame rate. I still don't have a good fix for the quick cloud transitons in FSMETIO. Please let me know if you have any ideas.Thanks!Airbus

yes I did install sp1 I never thought of that. I guess I will have to check it out. thanks keith