Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Why are some of my textures (mostly islands) like this?

I noticed most of my islands say the keys (that is key marathon) or the smaller bahamian islands always blocked up like this?fs9ssisland1.jpgI just want to redo my flight I did in real life with a cirrus instead but i'm stuck with this :(

Hi Emir,This kind of FS9 problem (assuming you are talking about the Bahama islands) is almost always caused by:1. One or more missing original .bgl files in your FS9 main scenery NAME (North America East)/Scenery folder. Obviously difficult to check but see below.2. One or more of these .bgl files have recieved deviating extensions as the result of using an installer program for installing new addon sceneries. See below.3. Your "Eastern North America" scenery has been inactivated in your FS9 scenery library. (Re-)activate it.Back up your NAME folder (copy/paste) to a safe place, unpack MSGAME8.CAB (CD-Rom 3) to any tempory folder and then copy/paste the complete NAME folder to your FS9 main scenery folder and overwrite.This is however rather a coarse method but if you have found any extensions other than .bgl in your backed up NAME/scenery folder then the new ones could cause other problems with some of your addon sceneries, so be prudent and keep the back up for possible future replacements in the new NAME/Scenery folder.Good luck.Hans

Have you ever installed Ultimate Terrain or the Free Flow Florida scenery or a similar package - the removed it without restoring all the original files?For Ultimate Traffic it is essential that you use the program to remove / uninstall itself. That will restore your original files.

I would bet my house on Mr Reggie's answer being 1000% correct.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU