Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Support for FS9?

Can I ask why, that thread was closed and who did it please?Can I also ask why, when I attempt to post a new thread at Avsim, I am asked to log-in and can't whereas I don't have to this way through my subscription?My cookies for Avsim ARE enabled. is there a problem please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sure, it was locked because it had a good amount of personal attacks back and forth between a few people, some bickering and, despite any intentions at the beginning of the post, was clearly becoming a FS9 vs FSX debate thread. It is apparent to many of us that those types of threads can't be maintained with any manner of civility, and so it was locked.Personally, I don't remember which one of us locked it, but does it really matter who it was?As for your log-in issues, I would try clearing out the cookies anyways, just to make sure, and taking a look at the Help forum located here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=117Thanks,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't aware that personal attacks were being made?It was a discussion and a means of asking devs to appreciate that many are still using and will continue to use FS9.That, alone is what Avsim promotes I thought? Free discussion on the flight sim scene. It was the FSX agitators that proceeded to wreck it and by locking it, they actually acheived their aim.If moderators want to stop the bickering, surely all you need to do is to delete the offensive post's?We are all fortunate that Tom provides this medium. Long live Avsim.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave it was getting bad because anytime someone remotely says anything about FSX a few people have to jump in and take the thread in a direction is wasn't intended. I have a good example, there's a thread titled "This whole FS hobby has really now got me to reconsider...". Low and behold it's being baited by the usual suspect (L.Adamson) in which hopefully no one jumps for it. The original poster is stating his opinion about what he chooses to buy and why. Very logical post and a good read (makes allot of since). Now the latest post by yours truly at it again in a defensive poster concerning FSX. That thread is on it's way to being locked just like yours Dave.Avsim should address the users who start this up versus killing discussions that weren't intended to go in that direction...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Dave it was getting bad because anytime someone remotely says>anything about FSX a few people have to jump in and take the>thread in a direction is wasn't intended. I have a good>example, there's a thread titled "This whole FS hobby has>really now got me to reconsider...". Low and behold it's>being baited by the usual suspect (L.Adamson) in which>hopefully no one jumps for it. The original poster is stating>his opinion about what he chooses to buy and why. Very logical>post and a good read (makes allot of since). Now the latest>post by yours truly at it again in a defensive poster>concerning FSX. That thread is on it's way to being locked>just like yours Dave.>>Avsim should address the users who start this up versus>killing discussions that weren't intended to go in that>direction...I've been watching this for 20 minutes, to see where it went, without making comment.Let's face it, that long and deleted thread, was nothing but testimonials for FS9 with numerous jabs at FSX thrown in. In fact, didn't the post begin with "FSX is just a game, and always will be a game, while FS9 is the last true simulator?" This quote is from memory,but close enough, and it's "baiting" right off the bat. Want to discuss "baiting" farther?L.Adamson

"Want to discuss "baiting" farther?"Sure, all one needs to do is do a search on your name (which isn't possible unfortunately but a look around the forums on various sites will find you there every time)... Why do you have to jump to the defense of FSX on every occasion possible??? Let different people have their say and have a little respect for opposing views. Spend more time flying FSX since you like it so much versus trying to convince people here there's no real problems with it. Your actions would more than tell the tale... Now I will say of course if your on Microsoft's payroll I could see the angst against people. Just tell the boys at Aces to produce a better product then you wouldn't have to waist so much time defending it (you and everyone else could be enjoying it instead)... ;-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest PARADISE

Oh,oh....here we go again. One will make reference to an 'air mass'. Then the other will refer to him as a 'mass of hot air' and before you know it...........here comes the lock.I'm going to grab a brew and watch this.:-beerchug John M

>Oh,oh....here we go again. One will make reference to an 'air>mass'. Then the other will refer to him as a 'mass of hot air'>and before you know it...........here comes the lock.>I'm going to grab a brew and watch this.>>:-beerchug >>John MSorry, John, you won't get the chance to watch anything.I don't want anyone thinking that I'm just sending you to your corners for a break before the next round starts. This fight is over.