Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Groups of Airports?

Hello All,I have really been enjoying flying around the 2 Flightzone sceneries (Providence area with George Grimshaw's freeware Boston and especially the Portland area--WOW!). I also have the Rotorua and Tauranga scenery packages from Godzone/Real New Zealand, and enjoy it very much. Is anyone aware of other scenery packages (payware or freeware) that offer a general flight area, like the Flightzone packages, that have detailed airports within a reasonably close proximity of each other? Would some of the Aerosoft Germany packages fit the bill? I just really enjoy hoping into a light GA aircraft and flying VFR from one airport to another using local landmarks. The Flightzone Portland scenery has to be the best scenery ever made for flightsim, bar none! Is there anything else like that out there that I haven't come across yet? Thanks!Paul

You might want to check-out:http://www.fsnordic.net/The have some great freeware airport packages for Norway and Finland, and also Sweden to a lessor degree.I always vocalize my enthusiasm for flying in Scandinavia, some of the best flying in FS, especially Norway.

Guest ArtieLange

You can combine add on airports and scenery from different people for a similar effect.Megascenery Socal, NoCal and PNW plus FlyTampa KSAN, KSFO and KSEA.France vfr ( pricey, and the autogen is extra, but it's really nice scenery ) with LLH airports. I recomend the 2 Alps packages, the LLH airports are in the alps north coverage area.GeoRender, all of them are great, small airports with a little scenery.LSGG sits right next to some vfr france, simmarket has it, can't remeber who made it.Vancouver +, Victoria + ( which is freeware )Tongass Fjords, Misty Fjords, and any of Holgers other stuff is awesome, Glacier bay V2 is not out yet but looking really good.The Aerosoft Germany stuff is really good also.The above poster is right, the fsnordic stuff is great, I have all the Finland stuff, and it's freeware.

Guest neslesman

I think the Tongass Fjords and Misty Fjords packs from FS Addon fit your description to a T and there are numerous free add ons to compliment those packs that have evolved from the very active community that is enjoying and supporting those projects.Be sure to visit the Misty Moorings website http://www.mistymoorings.com/ to see what I mean. I think there is a link there to Tongass as well. All the FSAddon products ( http://www.fsaddon.com/ ) are second to none IMO and really work well for the VFR wanderer like yourself.In fact pretty much all of the FSAddon stuff fits your description. The Vancouver payware scenery and freebies and the Victoria freeware (available here)are top of the line. Edit: I was typing during the last post but I see I'm not alone in my thinking.

Guest ArtieLange

If money is tight and you could only get one, then for sure go with Tongass Fjords. It includes several airports, and lots of little cabins to go find, throw in some of the freeware add ons for it and you will be in vfr heaven for a long time.Here is the info on Glacier Bay, not out yet, but looking really good. http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewforum.php?f=10Since you have Portland, then get Holgers Columbia river gorge ( freeware )

Yea....as it looks like I will stick with FS9 for a while, I may have to finally purchase Tongass Fjords & Misty Fjords myself.Alaska/British Columbia has always been one of favorite flying areas....and my RealAir amphibian Scout always tugs at me wanting to have some fun ;)It seems yearly I make an extended trip into those areas, as I do Scandinavia.I will also add that there are some great freeware sceneries for France. I took a tour of some of the European Countries I have not flown in for some time, and took an extended tour of France. Some really great stuff is available. It just takes some time to download them all.