Sign in to follow this  
Guest davefrey12

Looking for a Project

Guest davefrey12

Hello!I'm looking to write some kind of freeware plugin into FS9/FSX and I'm looking for a decent request.This will be freeware so I'm just looking a way to relieve my boredom.

Guest wji

Thank you for your generous offer: What we REALLY need is a utility to convert FSX.PLN files to FS9.PLN files. I've edited copious amounts of FS9 flightplans to follow scenic routes (VFR mostly) using Notepad and it's a tedious job.The new FSX flightplanner is amazing and simply by dragging&dropping the red course-line anywhere on the map a new waypoint is created.The problem is, IMO, FS9 is the better simulator so I'd like to create VFR scenic flightroutes in FSX (the easy way) and fly them in FS9.[/font size]

Hi Dave, How about a benchmark utility for FS9 and FSX?? Something that would plug into the sim to measure performance and hopefully factor in different slider setttings and levels of AA/AF etc - one common utility for all that spits out a simple performance indicator for comparison. That should test your skills and keep you occupied for awhile ;-). Thanks for wanting to contribute to the community and best of luck in whatever you decide to pursue. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

How about an AI traffic viewer to see all AI on a top down map and double click on one to view it. There's a map and an explorer in the AI SDK from Microsoft, but I find them a bit clumsy and can't have them open ontop of FS in full screen mode. Have to minimise FS to see them.An arrival departures board scanning all traffic bgl's would be great too.

Guest davefrey12

That's not a bad idea. I was going down the path of some way of logging a user's flight and displaying it on a website via Java applet or some kind of dynamic image.So you can zoom in and out and then see the plane in a window or something like that?

Guest mtlmtl

I have 2 ideas. Create an app that can change the way the default atc operates. I would like to omit airports with runways less than 5500 ft from dispaying in the atc window (less clutter) and also I would like these airports to display in the window when I am 60 rather than 30 miles out. The second would be an app that would dispay the actual local time at default flight upon startup rather than my pc system time. Seems I always have to change the time when I resume my saved default flight that shows up when I first start FS9. Matt

>The problem is, IMO, FS9 is the better simulator so I'd like>to create VFR scenic flightroutes in FSX (the easy way) and>fly them in FS9.......

Guest tango papa

How about a comprehensive catalog of A/C's, with basic statistics, fuel capacity, range, Mfg, years produced, MTOW, ect. Could include payware/freeware info. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

>That's not a bad idea. I was going down the path of some way>of logging a user's flight and displaying it on a website via>Java applet or some kind of dynamic image.>>So you can zoom in and out and then see the plane in a window>or something like that?I've actually got that with GMaps right now, I just haven't fixed the bugs in the web site. But it displays the flights of anyone running the program.

Guest wji

I'm pleased to report I'm the proud owner of a little utility which converts FSX.PLN flightplan files to FS2004.PLN format. Cool