Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

777 Professional vs. Wilco: 777 Fleet

I'm trying to decide which of these versions of the Boeing 777 to go with. The 777 Professional product includes all three versions of the 777 (200, 300 & freighter) and 26 liveries (only one of which is an American carrier). The Wilco product only includes the 200 variant and 16 liveries (including two American carriers). It does come with a functional FMC and a paint kit, however.I'd be iterested in hearing what people think of both. Judging from some of the comments I've seen about Wilco's 737 PIC I think I can probably guess what the author's of those comments might think about Wilco's 777. Still, I'd like to hear your 2 cents worth, especially if you've flown one or the other (or both)...

Couple of things - it's the PSS 777Pro that comes with what comes closer to a 'functional' fmc and associated mcp. Secondly PSS models the 772LR/LRF and 773ER, wheras Wilco offers the 772ER.My opinion is that most will tell you PSS won the battle of the available 777s regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg

Regards,

Mark

Unfortunately it is the choice between the lesser of two "evils". The Wilco 3D model looks much better than the PSS model and thats where the Wilco model ends. The Wilco model is hobbled and simplistic (by design). If you want a complex aircraft this is NOT for you. If you just want to kick the tires and light the fires, then the Wilco model is best.The PSS model does deliver most of the B777 systems and with the latest patch the whole package is OKAY. I'd score the PSS model a solid C. Nothing too terrible and nothing outstanding. Working FMC, systems, et al are all there. Unfortunately these are the only 777 choices we have. There is a huge gap for a PMDG, LDS or Dreamfleet to step in and make a decent 777. Think of them in these terms:Wilco 777: She is the very pretty girl, not too smart, that you really want to take to the prom, but you know that she is absolutely not going to make out with you in the back seat of your car afterwards. And since she's not too smart you know that its going to be a boring date with no conversation, but hey she's great to look at if that's your thing. PSS 777: She is the ugly girl who is pretty smart. No other girl will accept your invitation to go to the prom, so she's your only choice. Yeah, she'll give you decent conversation and she wants to make out with you after the prom is over, but you're gonna need at least 2 six packs of beer and a quart of vodka to get you in the mood because every time you look at her you want to bash yourself in the face with a rock.EDIT: The exact same thing can be said about the PSS vs Captainsim 757.

Thanks, Mike. I appreicate your opinion on this issue. It pretty much confirms my judgement based on reading the product discriptions for both!--Scott

The PSS 777Pro comes with a working FMC? Funny, the product description on Flight 1's web site doesn't mention anything about the FMC though the photos of the product showed one. I just assumed it was there just for show but didn't actually work. Thanks filling me in on that!Scott

Guest Pilot533

Couldn't have said it better Mike!

Guest lalo lolo1

Get FS Panel Studio and you will be able to transplant the brain of the ugly into the head of the cute. Merge!!! Leo

Mike...Thank you for this...It's clear and precise.However...I would appreciate it if you, in the future, not use my wife as an example to describe things.Now if you would excuse me...I need to find another, and larger rock.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz Duel2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2