Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

Nemeth Mil Mi-17 autopilot help!

Hello everyone,It is indeed a rarity for me to ask for technical help with an aircraft system (or in this case helicopter, system!). I sometimes secretly give myself a rather silly, and self gratifying pat on the back knowing that due to my aviation training I can usually use a complex system model with little or no reference to the manual!I recently bought the Nemeth Designs Mil-17, and absolutely love it (not generally a lover of helicopters - just not my thing - until now!).However, the AP system has got me stumped. The Nemeth manual is sadly rather inadeqate - whilst it contains details of all the systems/switches etc, it contains no procedures. And no amount of messing around with the AP will get it to work.So, if anyone has this beauty, and is using the AP successfully, perhaps they could give me some pointers!Regards,Al.EDIT - I have just managed to locate the Nemeth forum at the simFlight forums, so perhaps I better ask there! Although it looks like I'm not the first to have problems with it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Many thanks Gary, I'll do that.Although from todays investigation, it would seem the reason that I can't get the AP to work, is that it DOESN'T work...a LITTLE bit of false advertising on Nemeth's part there I think. But its nevertheless a great addon, and perhaps I'll see if I can't fire a 3rd party AP into it.