Sign in to follow this  
acmech

What is the best terrain package for fs2004?

GE Pro heads out BEV due to its ability for customization and the night lighting is a joy to behold. Not to mention that it is a GLOBAL scenery upgrade and not just restricted to the USA. The world will never look the same and for the price BEV is left far behind.Also, GE Pro is fully supported and current. The BEV developers seem to have gone away and all future products are on hold or canceled.Get GE Pro, you won't be sorry.

Can Ultimate terrain be installed after GEPro? Does it affect UK? What about integration with major European airport packages like Megafrankfurt with some Franfurt landmarks and near area coverage?Thanks!

I've just discovered I've got Ultimate Terrain USA DVD (still closed). So, my question is: does UT affect Land Class? I have RealScene 2004 installed with which I'm quite happy, mountains look real nice, combination of meshes and landclass.

What is the correct order of installation:1. Meshes2. Land class3. Ultimate terrain4. Flight Environment PRO5. Ground Environment PROI'm still not sure about Land Class and Ultimate terrain packages. Can they live together?All the airports and more detailed areas should come onotop of the above?

Guest TomOOO

UT packages does effect landclass data. It contains....Roads,rail positions (ie not land class)ground landclass + special commercial landclassRiver landclass - to make these real water (you can land on them)Night lighting.I understand that you can use UT with other packages thathave landclass by setting the priority order in the scenery list.UT makes each installed component a different scenery object sothey can be ordered as required. The interface also allows youto turn on / off each scenery addon function anyway.As for the installation order - I understand that the order ofinstallation of mesh/textures/scenery does not matter as theseare different components and treated separately by the renderingengine. When you have a clash of objects (in your case landclass),then you can change the priority order in the scenery libraryand the highest priority object should be seen.My scenery objects in my library are ordered as...Mesh (pay ware addon)UT landclass (Europe)UT roads/rail (about 6 objects)Addon photographic scenery in USA/etc from bluesky (very high res!)Addon airports from (http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php)Note that I have not tested the order of the photographic sceneryand UT since I have USA photographic and Europe UT. I believethat the photographic should be above UT, but it does not matterin my case as they are separated by location. I am very happy the distinction as I do VFR from UT in Europe and helicopter practice in US around LAX where the photographic is about 1.2 meterand there are buildings to land/practice with. This is what I understand - so what other people say first :-)Regardstom

Thank you so much, Tom. I guess there would be discrepancies had you installed Ultimate Terrain USA.You mentioned UT roads/rail (about 6 objects) - could you name the packages, please?Does default autogen interfere in your FS9 world?Many thanks,Dirk.

Guest TomOOO

Quick answer - coffee break at work...I will need to look at my computer at home to give you and exact list of objects.UT controls the placement of autogen, read the documentation andit gives you a good desciption of what it does. In fact I don;tfly with autogen.1) VFR : I am looking at the UT mesh2) helicopter, I use the bluesky stuff and that is much better thananything else I have seen available. RegardsTom

Thanks again, Tom. When you have time pls let me know also why you refer to them as objects (European roads, railroads etc.). Anything special with them? Or they are just normal commercial add-ons for FS9.Dirk.

Guest TomOOO

Sorry about using the term object - just my background. I amjust using object as a term to describe a scenery component - a76m mesh, 1.2m mesh, roads things (nearly used the word object again),terrain. All of these "objects" roads, rail, landclass are part ofUT terrain and are just different bits of the program setup.Tom

>All of these "objects" roads, rail, landclass are>part of UT terrain and are just different bits of the program setup.>>TomThank you very much, Tom.

Hmm... just read that thread...can someone gop with that combination:REX for FS9 + GE Pro + Active Sky 6?Or does that spoil something regarding sky textures?