Sign in to follow this  
Guest garden41905

If I were to add only 2 or 3 add-ons

I just got FS2004 and I want to improve the ground/sky textures, and bring in as much of the world's buildings as possible - BUT - I don't want to be as aggressive as many of you have been downloading. If I were to purchase or download only a few programs, what would you suggest? I want real ground beneath me and sky above me & buildings representative of the cities I'll be visiting.I'm considering Ground Environment Pro for the ground, but does it help the sky & bldgs? I'm trying not to have to buy each city, but rather one really good package. If Cloud9 World or USA fits the bill for one or two of my requirements I might go that route. Thanks in advance!GaryIntel Duo Core 2 T7200 CPU2.0 Ghz2Meg RAMNvidia 7600 w/512 meg7200 RPM HD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You should try a freeware here. Real Environment ProYou can download it here at AVISM : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...r=&CatID=fs2004Here are the pictureshttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...?threadid=26599You may want to check out Ultimate terrain. and Ultimate traffic (both paywares)Search the download section here... You would find oodles and oodles of stuff. Search here at the thread. Recently there was a post/thread that I started had folks post on some amazing freeware phototexture sceneries.and if you decide not to do anything but just one addon then you must get Flight scnery Portland. That would tell you almost everything you want to know whats possible.http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14I didn't suggest any aicrafts because..there are so many awesome paywares. I don't know your skills and interests so its difficult to suggest one. If you are new to simming the default aircrafts in FS9 are great to start with.and welcome to Disney World! Gary.Manny

Thanks! I installed REP. It says files were added to the FS9 folder. Is there something I can check to be sure it processed right? Are there some file names I can search to ensure they're there? I'm from Missouri, so I need it to show me...

I added RE Pro, but it wasn't what I was looking for (unless I've done something wrong in the install). When flying out of LAX I get buildings only in the foreground half of the screen, it looks like desert in the distance. As I fly toward the 'desert' bldgs populate, but I'm looking for the program that will give me the bldg detail out to the horizon. Also, I want concrete roads & freeways rather than just brown paths between bldgs. I've got all the settings maxed and am getting excellent frames, but I may have something wrong with my settings if RE Pro is supposed to give me the distant detail and concrete. Please advise.If RE Pro is acting as it should, then I'm going to want something else. Is Ground Environment Pro going to give me ground the way I want it? Is there a better one than that? Should I go Cloud 9 World or is it only for sky? Rather than tack on a bunch of add-ons for this and for that I'd like to only go with a couple of the best things out there, and will gladly pay for the eye-candy. Please advise!

If I were limited to one add-on, it would be GE Pro. No question.The second would be Flight Environment or Active Sky, depending on your preference. Both handle the clouds and sky colours.After that, download every bit of free mesh you can from FS Genesis, especially(!) the 38 meter Vancouver Island and the 76 meter British Columbia. With GE Pro on top of this mesh, it's just gorgeous. I never get tired of this scenery.I bought GE Pro and FE the same day, installed them both and what an incredible difference. FS9 Deluxe! I flew for hours with a grin from ear to ear.

I agree.1. GE Pro2. Active Sky3. FS Genesis (for your favorite areas)That would be the most back for the buck (imho) :-cool