Sign in to follow this  
zmanisfireproof

FSGenesis Terrain Mesh issues...

I have FSGenesis North American Terrain Mesh, along with the World Buffer Mesh and US Landclass as well. My problem is that some airports seem to be on a 'mesa' - it's higher than the area around it. Most of them are smaller, out of the way airports. There were a couple in Vermont and New Hampshire that I ran into, as well as KRDU. My question is simply how do I fix this? Is there a 'patch' from FSGenesis that resolves this issue, or is there something somewhere that I can modify? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I seem to recall that this was a FS9 issue. If I remember it correctly, FS9 cannot create a sloped runway. So, if you have a runway where one end was at a higher elevation, FS9 flattens it. FSGenesis draws in the correct elevation for the highest point. The end result is a runway on a mesa.If you go to FSGenesis

Well that sucks. You'd think Microsoft would fix this issue. Maybe someday...BTW, my name isn't Robin - that's just the guy who said the quote in my signature. My name is Stephen. Sorry for the confusion. You're not the only one to do that. Maybe I should change my sig...

>Well that sucks. You'd think Microsoft would fix this issue.> Maybe someday...>It's a case of going to every airport with the problem, and re-programming by hand. With FSX's "rounded earth", the problem is even much worse than in FS9. X-Plane has already tried sloping runways to fit the surrounding elevations. To many runways ended up suspended in the air, or had too much of a roller coaster effect. These conforming runways are now switched "off" by default in X-Plane. L.Adamson

OK, Stephen. But it's a good quote. Maybe put your name between your posts and the sig . . .I'm hoping, along with a lot of others, that uneven (realistic) airports become a reality next version.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Congratulations on your pilot selection slot Stephan. I was in AFROTC during the late 1960's. Went to pilot training in 1971. Do they still have Arnold Air Society?

>Congratulations on your pilot selection slot Stephan. I was>in AFROTC during the late 1960's. Went to pilot training in>1971. Do they still have Arnold Air Society?>>Thank you! Yes, they still have the AAS. I'm not a part of it though.