Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

New Forum idea, rate companies?

Guest over and out

Maybe a useful forum would be one that we can rate direct download purchasing experiences. As we all know it is becoming more the norm to do direct download purchasing. I have had overall good experience with the direct downloads I have purchased so far.My recent examples include Alphasim

Hello,I think you will run into problems in regards to setting up a forum like that. I agree that there are unscrupulous companies that should be made known to the FS Community, as well as great companies that produce quality products.The main problem(s) I see right off the top of my head are:1. How do you control the forum, in regards to who gets to post.2. Does one have to prove they purchased the product before being allowed to post.3. How would one prove they purchased the product.4. How would you control individuals who have a vested interest in a particular company from making statements about another company.I

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Good idea, but Mike is right.There are too many shills on the forums. They would rip into any opposing viewpoint. It would be quite ugly :(Shills create dedicated accounts, well in advance of needing them. This creates an illusion of "credibility". For example, they reply to a few random threads, giving them a respectable post count. A few months down the line they will come across a thread that criticizes his/her company, and then they go in for the kill ;)I digress :)

>There are too many shills on the forums. They would rip into>any opposing viewpoint. It would be quite ugly :(>>Shills create dedicated accounts, well in advance of needing>them. This creates an illusion of "credibility". For>example, they reply to a few random threads, giving them a>respectable post count. A few months down the line they will>come across a thread that criticizes his/her company, and then>they go in for the kill ;)Yes; I was once labled as a Pro-Pilot shill, by many on the FS98 forums. And I'm still lying in wait for anyone here, to cut down Pro-Pilot, so that I can go in for the kill! :-hah And yes- I agree with the 1st & 2nd replies. It's exactly what will happen...L.Adamson

Guest jaapverduijn

Tom will never allow such a forum.Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap,You have that right! :)No way would we do a forum like that. We have our hands full with our forums as it is. Creating a forum like that would be the same as drawing a bulls eye and asking for everyone to take a shot. Ain't going to happen... :)

Guest over and out

It was just a thought.:-shyAnd yes, you said it. Your signature block is great, here you post Ariane - Captain Sim - PSS - Simware Simulations - Wilco Publishing as companies that you will no longer do business with.That

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Tom!Absolutely correct, it would become a cesspit in no time at all, even with a cleaning crew constantly on watch. Things like this are very nice in theory, but don't work in daily life... unfortunately.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Ratings are just matters of opinion for personal reasons. :-hah My Captain Sim C-130 is an excellent example of some of the best graphics in the flight sim business. Well done graphics are very important to my personal tastes. Thefor, Capt. Sim is on my good list, while you'll find them on other peoples less than desireable list. Once again, it's personal reasons.Different than your MegaScenery FS9 experience, my MegaScenery for FSX seems to add to the frame rates rather than taking them. Haven't used it for FS9. IMO --- MegaScenery = excellent!L.Adamson

Guest over and out

I agree, reviews can be largely based on personal views, that's what is great - lots of info from various views and experiences. This helps us all.good day to all!